Recent content by Bluebox

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. B

Custom Unique figures made on high-end 3D Printer

Possible ways to make yourself at HO scale Making a figure by hand is time consuming but the basics of most people are strait forward. At the scale we are dealing with a single picture would do. But for added realism check this option out. http://www.123dapp.com/catch
  2. B

Pricing for 3d Printed people 3d Printing is a new field. I happen to have access to a very high end machine. The cost for me to make them one off would be $10-$20 each. The material costs are quite low actually but the amount of time it take to make virtual models of the figures is high. I...
  3. B

Thank you for the input so far. The amazing thing about 3D printing is I can make any number of characters in any style/pose I want. I simply create them in a modeling software and sculpt new features. My initial models were just made to test the resolution of the system. The sky is the...
  4. B

I am new to the forum and railroading in general. I am considering creating unique custom figures for model railroading using very high end 3D printing. I created a female character for a beach scene as seen here in O and HO scale. I started just for fun but I wanted to see if there is a...
  5. B

Interested in model making and have been experimenting with 3d Printing Scenery

Hi Everyone, I have not had much experience in the modeling world but I am interested in learning more. I am an mechanical engineer and have access to sophisticated tools such as 3D printers, mills, lathes and the like. My first project was a 3d printed female character for beach scenes...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.