Recent content by Blazeman

1. B

Painting foam sheets

If you don't have the really sheer plastic liner, then you should be fine. As for the Liq Nails, make sure you use the formulation for foam.
  2. B

MR's "Realistic Reliable Track"

They're walking in the road. Most unsafe. How many LP record jackets portrayed the artist standing on the tracks with his guitar? Or movie posters showing kids walking the tracks? Our society is so silly today. It's like no one has any brains and will therefore emulate what they see in...
  3. B

Hopefully Andy Taylor and Opie aren't run over by a car or truck while walking back from the fishing hole.
  4. B

Why you don't climb trains.

If it was here, his family would sue the RR and end up with a nice settlement.
  5. B

Not having seen the publication, my guess is it may include a goodly percentage of reprinted articles from the last few years. They freshen the story and put some different photos with it. One or two two-pagers may be fresh material for the collection. There seem to be two levels of special...
  6. B

Windows in Grimm's Funeral Home

I'm told the formula for the Micro-Mark Kristal Klear is essentially Elmer's white glue and Elmer's will give you the same result. I haven't tried it yet.
  7. B

Made in America?

Somehow, the perception got to be that only the less gifted students did the vocational classes. The guys in electronics tech got to take some math courses, but they were a little weird though in the eyes of the gifted. Now the gifted are looking over their shoulders for the HR person coming...
  8. B

Railroad Model Craftsman - April Issue??

Wish I could by the WSJ or the Daily Racing Form that way.
  9. B

Railroad Model Craftsman - April Issue??

Well, it seems a bit more proper for an April edition magazine to be circulated in April. The other mag had their May edition out at the end of March.
  10. B

Model Railroaders Dream, Plan, Build DVD Series

I've seen threads about these elsewhere over the months. Most keep them as they were sent unsolicited. Therefore, the risk is all with Kalmbach. Content appreciation is a function of your skill level. For the beginner, issue 1 offers very good information. Personally, I think Kalmbach is...
  11. B

Yard Sale Find

At a show last year, friend found a Revell 50' gon (CNW) for 50 cents.
  12. B

HOn3 Anyone?

I'm decades into N but I think I'd sell it all in a heartbeat if the HOn3 or HOn30 rolling stock and motive power were 30% less and track similarly priced and available. Maybe what I've paid for all my locos in N could have been spent on two or three narrow gauge locos with sound. Tradeoff...
  13. B

(N-Nn3) Playing Around With Dual Gauge.

I just peeked at this thread and noticed the EBT car as well. Oh what used to be. Other than a the dual gauge turnout, you could always run a line to a coal transfer like EBT had at Mt Union using the Z track and a turnout or two to simulate a yard for the hoppers. As for the box cars at...

Back