Recent content by bgfireman

1. B

HO PROTO 1000 Diesel EMD GP15-1

Mine has a twunami sound decoder in it. I like it a Lot!!!
  2. B

Athearn RTR LED

That is what I did today with a proto2000 today. Make sure to check the wiring diagram for the decoder. Would not want the wrong end lit will you are running.Alan
  3. B

Best weathering book or video?

There are lots of great videos on youtube. MonsterRailRoad and 6axlepower(BrianBannan) are a few that come to mind.
  4. B

Best Compressor

I have a 3 gallon pancake style compressor from Harbor Freight. $40.00 It works great. I dont see how you could beat that. They also have hose and filters and other airbrush parts. Good luck and most of all have fun. I enjoy weathering my rolling stock with mine. Alan
  5. B

gp 40-2 which brand

I have the Atlas GP 40 with the QSI Sound in it from the factory. I did have a problem with mine. The sound quit working in it. I sent it in with my receipt. They fixed it no questions asked, and sent it back. Good as new. Something to be said for great and easy repair service. You will love the...
  6. B

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

"We aint never goin to get goin if you don't get down here and help! DagNabIt!"
  7. B

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Wow, its taken me three days to read through this thread. Lots of good info. Now to go back and read some of the links on other parts of the building process. Alan
  8. B

Ditchlights

On youtube NSModeler24 has a video of how to hook up ditchlights the way you are talking about. He has many how to video's. He does really good work also. Alan
  9. B

hurricane irene

Oak tree in the middle of the barn and layout. Thought maybe some of you might have trouble with the link. So I will add the picture. Alan
  10. B

hurricane irene

A budy of mine lives near Zebulon, NC and an Oak tree fell through his new barn and through the middle of his N scale layout. I thnk he said $11,000 between the barn and the layout. Good news is his wife sells insurance and he was covored. Alan...
  11. B

Ballast spreaders

I pour mine right out of the shaker on the track and use a modified tooth brush to brush the ballast into postion. (The tooth brush handle was cut off and glued back on the top towards the side. Make it look like a captal T from the top. Works pretty well. Alan
  12. B

Rail Power Pruducts Loco

I am thinking of using one of these without the light board. It would fit in one end and the speaker in the other. Alan http://www.ebay.com/itm/360372532661?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  13. B

Rail Power Pruducts Loco

I am in the process of building a RPP Dash 8CW Loco. I have the athearn motor and trucks called for in the instructions. I am having a problem with putting the shell on. It will not slide down all the way when the light board is on top of the motor. I am looking suggestions on what can be done...
  14. B

BNSF,NS and CSX: Should they do Heritage scheme's like UP did?

Cheesie My first attempt at painting a shell in 10 years atleast. Anyway CSX could do something like this. The red stripe should have had a little more orange look to it. Other wise not to bad I think. Alan
  15. B

H0 BNSF Dash 9 - Advice Needed

Look up NSmodeler24 on Youtube. He does some great walk throughs on how to bash these engines. I saw one where he was trading out windows from 3 to 4. You can leave him questions on youtube also. Good luck Alan

Back