Recent content by atsfmodeler

1. atsfmodeler

BLI 4-8-4 problem. Anyone else here have same problem?

I don't know what type of gear problem, but what I do know is the repair form by BLI said they replaced geared primary driver #3 along with both gears in gear tower on my old locomotive. I have not and will not send my new one to them. I can get it fixed here locally. Anyway, I just...
  2. atsfmodeler

BLI 4-8-4 problem. Anyone else here have same problem?

My first BLI 4-8-4 steam locomotive had a gear problem, so I sent it to BLI for repairs. A few weeks later they sent it back, and it still had same gear problem. To make matters worse, the headlight casting and bell were broken off and lying in under the foam :mad:. The hobby store replaced...
  3. atsfmodeler

The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Good morning all. A cup of java will do fine. Ray, you are not the only one who lives in "those" kind of neighborhoods. Early yesterday evening, I mowed the lawn, and not before too long, the neighbors next door to me (both sides), across the street, and down at the end of the block got...
  4. atsfmodeler

Anyone seen the Pic on P43 of the May Model Railroader?

That is a really nice picture, and to the best of my knowlege, I think that's the first time a picture like that was made. I remember when the locomotive cameras were the "new cool thing" letting the modeler see his layout as the train went through scenes. The images were B/W and the pictures...
  5. atsfmodeler

Evening all. Nice day it was today Sunny and upper 50's. Spent part of the day with a group touring the remanents of the old right-of-way of the Kansas City Wyandotte & Northwestern Railroad. It began in 1887, and ran between KC and Virginia, Nebraska. The MoPac purchased it around 1894, and...
  6. atsfmodeler

Sorry since this post is nothing more than to hit 14. I didn't want to leave on my "13th" posting, especially on a Friday :eek: Superstitious thing I guess. Russell
  7. atsfmodeler

Good afternoon/evening all. Kinda chilly today here in KC with temps in the lower to mid 40's and a small breeze, but the sun makes it look soooooo much warmer. Sounds like you guys down south are in the middle of it all. A bit of of the south is here in KC. The Spirit of Louisiana is at...
  8. atsfmodeler

Good evening all. The first full day of spring here in KC was cold (low 30's), breezy, and slushy from the dusting of snow and some rain. We missed da big one that went north of us. I like the comfort of being welcomed here. Pardon the homage to "Home on the Range" when I say "Not a...
  9. atsfmodeler

Weekend Photo Fun 3-18/3-19

Nice job on the crossing gate scene, Jeff, especially on the street part. Are the gates operational? Russell
  10. atsfmodeler

Show Your Face

Disclaimer on side effects for human part of image: May cause gastrointestinal hemmorage, male and female baldness, headaches, nausea, social dysfunctions, anti-social behavior, weight gain, and other physical and physcological conditions. People who should not view the human part of image...
  11. atsfmodeler

Thanks CJcrescent, NZRMac Ken, Steve B, Rex, and CSX_road_slug Ken for the welcomes. It feels great to breathe in fresh air that was long gone from the "other" forum. Is anyone here running their layout operational style? Russell
  12. atsfmodeler

Modeler, a self portrait

Nice picture portrait Jarrell. I too have the problem of those pesky teeny tiny parts shooting out from the tweezers:mad:, Having to find them in the carpet is another story:( Russell
  13. atsfmodeler

UP X2 bridge shot

Here's a pic of two UP trains crossing the impressive bridge at Santa Fe Jct. just east of UP's (ex-SP) Armourdale Yard in Kansas City. The one on top is entering the yard, and the one below departed the yard. Sorry about the quality as this is a scanned print that I took about three or four...
  14. atsfmodeler

Thanks for the welcome Grande Man. That plane engine would be more than I could handle. I like the D&RGW myself. I used to have some RG locomotives and cars (younger and single days when I had disposible income). The multiple stripes on some of the Rio Grande F7's were cool. Russell
  15. atsfmodeler

SPSF Announces Reincarnation of the Santa Fe

Zephyr, that's an interesting venture of the Santa Fe. Nice work :cool: Are those Kato's? Russell

Back