Recent content by athompso

1. A

New Layout critique

Thanks for the comments Guys! I'm going to scratch build the benchwork, it just makes more sense. Just more time consuming. Probably 1x4 box framed tables with 2x2 legs, 1/4 or 3/8" plywood and one 2" foam for the top. Math works out to about $400 total. BeachBum, I'm curious how your...
  2. A

New Layout critique

Thanks Dave!
  3. A

New Layout critique

Thanks Iron & Steve, I'll work to straighten the lower left stepped ladder and the right side main line when I build the layout. On to table construction. My first table was a 4 x 8 box frame, with all 2x4 lumber. My second layout was L-Girder open frame with 1x4 and 2x2 lumber, both with...
  4. A

New Layout critique

Thank you to all, Here is an updated Plan First of all, I would like to say thank you, for the constructive ideas! Very much appreciated. After a couple days of work and thought, Today, I had time to work on this, and I believe I have incorporated most if not all of your changes and added...
  5. A

New Layout critique

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been modeling railroads on my own, off and on for the last 15 years. I am in the planning stages for my third layout, which is by far my most advanced endeavor. My current layout is a 4 x 8, using KATO HO unitrack and NCE DCC. This layout will be in a finished...

Back