Recent content by Andy LNWR

1. A

A model with a Middle Earth theme

Hi Keith, Could this be an opportunity for the electrical engineering students to work with their industrial design peers who may have useful skills in CAD and 3D printing? Andy
  2. A

Hello from NY

Bob, I'm using H0. I can see the advantages of N, as you can do so much more in a restricted space. Do you have some idea of what you would like to build? Andy
  3. A

Hello from NY

Hello to all of you, I have been a member for a while, but not particularly active in either the forum, or on layout construction. I have a 4x8 Layout in progress* based on the Rock Island and Moline layout in Wescott's track plan book. Andy *a very liberal interpretation of the word.;)
  4. A

Running a British locomotive on North American power?

You should have no problem at all with the locomotives on the track as the actual voltage fed into the motor and electronics from the rails is fairly standard on the various scales across the world. The only difficulty would be using a throttle/transformer/controller designed for 220-240v that...
  5. A

Under Construction - Birmingham UK

Hi Jim, This has probably been tried before, but would a standard white smoke generator with some blue lights from above the platforms work? I haven't tried this out myself, as I don't happen to have any blue lights lying around the place. I think the prototype made use of an English...
  6. A

Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

Steve, Is that the same old 'lady' that Billy Butlins had at Minehead? Andy
  7. A

Under Construction - Birmingham UK

Crikey Jim, That billboard is really excellent work, and it captures the moment perfectly! I can even remember taking the train to go and see that film at the ABC in Walsall at some point in the past. If my memory serves me right, New Street was quite a smelly, smokey dingy place. Perhaps you...
  8. A

Anyone else collect British/Hornby?

I no longer have any Hornby equipment, but I do have a small amount of Fleischmann and Lima rolling stock. From what I can see in your photos, the quality of Hornby seems to have increased considerably in the last twenty years. I have a vague plan to build a small layout based on the ex-GWR...
  9. A

Opinions on Bachmann EZ track for a beginner

Greetings. I am very new to this hobby. I bought some E-Z track as it is ideal for setting up a temporary layout on the floor until I can get around to developing a layout in the basement.

Back