Recent content by akretowicz

1. A

Video - OMI UP Coal Turbine - DCC Conversion

Just watched the video. Very nice unit and the sounds and operations appear to be second to none.
  2. A

New setup

Looks good so far. Remember, you have to crawl before you can walk. With time, and money, you can add and improve your layout. And hopefully, with time, the money will come. With some exceptions, most layouts are a constant work in progress. Best of luck, and welcome to the terrific hobby...
  3. A

New Layout Progress

Pics Not too much to show, but here goes. The track plan will be modified from the one shown due to the fact that the operators station will be in the middle due to space limitations. The rest is the cut lumber. Wife and myself cut the plywood and attached the cork this morning. Will post...
  4. A

New Layout Progress

Okay, you asked for it. The theme is a railroad serving an agricultural customer in a small area. There will be a small stockyard, a grain elevator, small farm, some houses, etc. You know the deal. And my era will be approximately in the late 50's, early 60,s. There will be a couple of...
  5. A

New Layout Progress

Yes I do have a track plan, and it is in HO scale. :D
  6. A

Auto Racks

Keep the dip as long as it does not cause problems. Much more prototypical.
  7. A

New Layout Progress

Well, finally getting started on my new layout. Purchased all the lumber for it. The legs are all cut, and we did a mock track layout. It is going to be a 8X7. Much smaller than my former layout back in NH, but space is a limiting factor in our current home. Hopefully will be able to...
  8. A

Looking for most modern diesels

Thanks for the update. I guess I've been out of the loop too long. LOL! :)
  9. A

Some more of my engines

According to my Contemporary Diesel Spotters guide, FB trucks were optional on U23-B's. That is the extent of my knowledge on that subject. LOL! And thanks for the comment.
  10. A

Looking for most modern diesels

Try looking up Tower 55 locomotives. I believe they are a division of Overland Models.
  11. A

Delay's, delay's, delay's

Heck of a way to run a railroad, isn't it? Pardon the pun.
  12. A

Hello from Massachusetts!

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.
  13. A

Some more of my engines

Actually, the Canadian Pacific engine is a GP18. Thanks for the comment. I will be posting more photos perhaps this weekend. Stay tuned.
  14. A

Some more of my engines

Ontario Northland And my GP9 ll Ontario Northland. Proto 2000
  15. A

Some more of my engines

Some more of my engines for all to enjoy! I also have passion for high front hood units. As I unpack, more to follow.

Back