Recent content by Aerojet

1. Aerojet

7 pile up

Well 7 managed to make a splash by piling up in Montana. Been all over the news. My first reaction was either a switch failure or a crossover failure. I have seen many trains, both 7 and 8 and CP cross over at Duplainville over the years - it sure looked like that for some of the cars which did...
  2. Aerojet

CP holiday train

According to the weerkend paper, the CP has cancelled the holiday train due to the kungflu. Although there will be an on line version.... stay tuned! The Aerojet
  3. Aerojet

Bringing old cars back ..

If you have been into model railroads since forever, you have some really old cars, like going back to the 70's.... don't you? Curious as to whom is still running Walther's Oscar and Piker in the original wood kits? Or Walther's original 70 foot car based on the CP super's car? Here is my line...
  4. Aerojet

what is old is new

So I have been at the stage around here of a full house. There is no more room to add much to my pike at the present time. Well, yes and no. One thing I wanted to do for the past few years was to add a more modern fire station to the pike. So I bought one, then the Walther's big unit, but that...
  5. Aerojet

Walthers Motor Hotel

AH YES! - another very good model but no room to place it. Too bad we don't have unlimited room on our pikes to place everything we desire. I had the same problem with the Walther's fire station. Another good model but where??? DO you put it? With everything else on the pike, and the size of...
  6. Aerojet

research question ..

Thanks for the replies - I will forward them to her -- it seems the Amos & Sara Darcy detective agency of Juneau Alaska will have a case in Idaho Falls --- keep ya posted. (They are on vacation with Amos's relatives. Sara is a Klungut, a native Alaskan. - They used to be the chief of police and...
  7. Aerojet

research question ..

MY wife writes, and now has 8 books in print. She asked me while working on the next one --- How hard is it to open / re close a box car door. She has an idea for a murder mystery to put Mr. Body into a box car, now empty I guess, on a siding and the railroad takes it away. Time passes and the...
  8. Aerojet

Trains are slow ...

Watching the ATCS down here, the CN and CP have low traffic volumes. Not much moving right now. On the CN there is one train up by Fondy, going north and one down by the state line going south. Nothing in the middle. CP is not a lot better, one going thru Dupy right now, but not much more as of...
  9. Aerojet

Trouble someplace ...

actually Greg - according to the ATCS there IS a lot less traffic. Haven't heard train 1 around here, and the CN has not much showing all day. The CP is also quiet. Checking the Rockford sector, it is also very quiet. Car loading is down and not many trains are running right now from what I can...
  10. Aerojet

Trouble someplace ...

Well, it has been awhile since I posted anything. I guess been busy and all that - so just to show I am still around I guess I could post this -- The 701 job, the local distributor train has dropped off a couple of auto racks to be unloaded. Saw then this caught my eye - the Super's train has a...
  11. Aerojet

Show your layout sized passenger trains

Okay, try these little trains... The blue on is the executive train, and the Amtrak is all we need! And that is the "short" of IT! Aerojet
  12. Aerojet

Where is everone?

Too often like me, I go my own way -- building small passenger cars after finishing the rebuild of my piker, lead me to build a small fleet of them out of old Walther's kits ... not many people today are into scratch building or kit busting. see a thread on this forum about kit busting a model...
  13. Aerojet

Another bent up loco ...

Well the CP did it again. A month ago they demolished a mini van at Brookfield, yesterday the plowed thru a flat bed semi loaded with sheet steel ... The tarp on the loco is from the load of sheet steel. I don't know what causwed to loco to come apart like that -- see next photo. Just to let...
  14. Aerojet

Your Layout After Dark

Second shift, late in the industrial park -- Welding in the middle building, note the blue flash... That red glow is the foundry working hot metal .... The local will switch this later ... The Aerojet
  15. Aerojet

Lets do it again Favorite photo

Okay, try this one! Like? The Aerojet

Back