T
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• T
      trailrider replied to the thread Rerailers?.
      I have them at most grade crossing, and several in places where derailments are difficult to access. As far as uncoupling ramps are...
    • T
      Something unusual would be a ten-coupled (2-10-0, 2-10-2 or 2-10-4) that would negotiate 18-inch radius curves, with the center drivers...
    • T
      trailrider replied to the thread HO Curves.
      Model railroad curves are generally much sharper than the prototype. Although wider curves are always desirable, Atlas Snaptrack curves...
    • T
      If Hershey and his wife hadn't gotten delayed, they'd have been on the Titanic. Then no Hershey bars!
    • T
      Golden Gate Bridge and major highways in New York blocked by pro-Palestinian protesters! On the Bridge, people trapped in their cars...
    • T
      trailrider replied to the thread Athearn PA-1.
      Those old Athearn blue box PA's were pretty good. Before other manufacturers brought out EMD E-7's, I took the bodies from older...
    • T
      trailrider replied to the thread Smaller engines.
      Most of the end-cab switchers with 4-axle trucks should work fine on 15" radius curves if you don't try to run them too fast. (Prototype...
    • T
      trailrider replied to the thread Steam or Diesel Locomotives?.
      Sadly, when Caboose moved from Broadway to Lakewood, Colorado, the pandemic plus lack of variety of inventory sealed their fate! Other...
    • T
      One factor as to whether you run steam or diesel or both has to do with what era a modeler runs on a layout. Many of us model the...
    • T
      trailrider replied to the thread Atlas and Peco track ?.
      The only problem I have ever encountered with Peco turnouts is one case where wheels would sometimes pick the frog. Solved it by placing...
    • T
      I wonder if a NWSL Stanton drive could be installed as one or both tender trucks? Some prototype steam locomotives had booster units...
    • T
      It depends on your era. As a kid, I rode the original Zephyr 9900 (now in Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry), so I had very little...
    • T
      Just exactly the kind of senator...and person...Joe Lieberman WASN'T! RIP!
    • T
      Apparently complications from a fall! Be careful our there! Falls can do a number on seniors especially! RIP Joe Lieberman.
    • T
      trailrider replied to the thread Athearn PA-1.
      Since the gears in the trucks are locked into the worms you can't move the whole thing with the gear units in place on the top of the...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Back