Wabash 1104 Fogged in
R

Wabash 1104 Fogged in

A digital photo I did a few years ago. Photoshopped to add some atmosphere. Loco shown coming off bascule bridge to yard entrance.
Great lighting effect. You'll have to tell everyone what you did. (y)

Thanks, David,

You're the first one that said what you liked about the picture.. It was taken 3 or 4 years ago with a 1.3Mp camera using a photo strobe to throw a lot of light.. The lighting effects are basically a light airbrushing in photoshop. The number boards, headlight, mars light, and marker lights were burned in with some masking (choosing specific items to edit) and then from there lightly adding some white/yellow color to simulate light reflecting off of the fog (also airbrushed).. Some exhaust smoke coming from the stacks and a little steam from the passenger car and there you have it.. The Diesel is an Intermountain body kit which I custom painted (a complete ABA set) on a stewart chassis.. The bascule bridge is a per kit Walthers and the background building is dpm.. All of it is unfinished, at the time of the photo I hadn't (still haven't) added ground texture, ballast, etc. When I get things a little further along on the layout extention I'm working on, I intend to do a couple clinics that will appear on my website showing how to do some of this.. It's actually my favorite part of the hobby..

Jeff
:d

Media information

Category
Dioramas and Mini-Scenes
Added by
Rolleiman
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings