Constructing the wye @ Fields
SouPac

Constructing the wye @ Fields

The SP developed a location on the South canyon wall named Fields. A wye was constructed here & was used to turn around all sorts of equipment from flangers & spreaders to Cab Forwards. On my model, there will be only 14 in. between Fields and the bottom of the air ducts! Taking into consideration my svelt physique, Fields has to be constructed "off site" as shown here being constructed while placed on other benchwork. Trackage at Fields is, of course, secondary, so I used C40 track and hand-made the switches. This photo is from the "back" side, which will be very close to the wall when it is placed in the layout. The tail track, which is closest to the camera, will barely be visible.
M
This is great look'n ! Love wyes since I'll only build a point to point RR, no continual-roundy-round. Wye? Because it forces us to operate like the 1:1 scale, far as sending trains back toward where they did cometh from, loco position in an engine house, AND, as a depot in a large interchange & meet with other RR.
I savvy the work clearance perimeters; building wye separately and installing it as one complete piece later on..Very nice work. Reminds me of the late Wolfgang Duddler's wye(s).
What is an 'amp' ? Never saw this contraction in the hobby.. Guitars, yes... M.

Media information

Category
Benchwork, Roadbed and Track Construction Photos
Added by
SouPac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back