A beginner's layout

Got some wall glued to the 1"x5". Hopefully get some more done this weekend.

Screenshot (345).png
Screenshot (346).png

The wall is just about done. I was short one piece or the coping at the top so hopefully I can pick that up this weekend. I also plan to add a wall inside the tunnel to hide the tracks behind the mainline this weekend.

Screenshot (347).png
Screenshot (348).png

Got some walls inside the tunnel today. Nothing's glued in place yet. I'll have to remove everything and spray paint before I glue in place. I can see it coming together!

Screenshot (351).png
Screenshot (352).png

Continuing with the elevated city scene will have to wait until I can get some more buildings and assemble them :(

Got the wall (biggest part of it anyway) done. I also put a gray base color on with primer.

Screenshot (359).png
Screenshot (358).png
Screenshot (356).png

I think I'll add a little more wall inside the tunnel too.

I found this
. I'm thinking of painting with something like this method. Hopefully start this weekend.

Got the wall (biggest part of it anyway) done. I also put a gray base color on with primer.

View attachment 187214View attachment 187215View attachment 187216

I think I'll add a little more wall inside the tunnel too.

I found this
. I'm thinking of painting with something like this method. Hopefully start this weekend.
That turned out fabulous!

Is there a plan for left side of that wall? Looks like a good opportunity for extending that city scene a little more.

That turned out fabulous!

Is there a plan for left side of that wall? Looks like a good opportunity for extending that city scene a little more.
Thanks! Yup, that's always been my plan :D. It's going to be less expensive to get the wall painted than buy another two or three buildings for the city scene though so the work above may have to wait a while. I've already been looking at buildings and backdrops online though 😂

Got the wall mostly painted this weekend. I mostly followed the video which I planned to but wasn't getting good results so I went a little rouge :p
I plan to add graffiti decals (and attempt some hand painted "tags") and weathering powders to finish it up.

I'm certainly not talented when it comes to scenery and painting but I enjoy operations above anything else and am pretty happy with the scenery so far...certainly more interesting to look at than a field of blue foam :D

Screenshot (360).png
Screenshot (361).png

Got the wall mostly painted this weekend. I mostly followed the video which I planned to but wasn't getting good results so I went a little rouge :p
I plan to add graffiti decals (and attempt some hand painted "tags") and weathering powders to finish it up.

I'm certainly not talented when it comes to scenery and painting but I enjoy operations above anything else and am pretty happy with the scenery so far...certainly more interesting to look at than a field of blue foam :D

View attachment 187435View attachment 187436
That's really looking like a down and dirty urban retaining wall! the graffiti will be a nice touch.

Great work!

Back