Running Bear's Mid-June Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All!
46F @ 76% and COLD.

Supposed to make 66F bout 1500, we will see. I almost started one of the pellet stoves!

Boy, sure am glad we do not have a HOA - what a PITA you with them must go through.

Got the crap wiring almost straightened out. Still have to drop a piece of romax to inside the Kitchen wall so I can include the two things that somebody put on the upstairs circuit. Then was all I will need to do is to crawl back into the attic, remove the existing circuit that now goes up there, ( conduit on outside of house too ) and connect the waiting romax to the two things with the kitchen circuit. Then we should be good to go.

Got real lazy yesterday and did pretty much nut'n. Ate and napped - boy did I feel guilty! Oh well. After the wiring gets ( almost ) done, then it is time for roof insulation and framing, then insulation in those new walls. Ya, double insulated but ima there and why not? Have to fix the pocket door as I came close to really busting it after I got it out. We have made 3 dump runs with all the crap taken from the upstairs; filled a long box F150 each time.

Have not done any train stuff - bummer. Well, I guess that this forum is my train stuff for now. I am doing stuff that is related to train stuff in the am before anybody gets up, but no direct building of layout. It is more or less getting my ducks in a row.

Later

You should stop using "woke", it makes you sound like a Brain-washed Fascist. Give it a rest.

As far as the guitar goes, I would guess it is a Stratocaster with fur glued on. Most Lead Guitarist use either a Strat or a Les Paul. This one has the outline of a strat.
Gibbons guitar in this video is nothing like a Strat (or Les Paul).

Its a Gibson Explorer.

EDIT: Its a Dean Z which is a basic Gibson Explorer body shape made by Dean and a standard Dean styled headstock.

Last edited:
I just came from my annual health checkup. The nurse tells me there's something new this year. Medicare needs to know if your able to think clearly. I'm going to give you a name and address. I need you to remember it. I'm going to have you repeat it later. I need you to count backwards from 20 down to 1. OK now I need you to give me the months of the year in reverse order. OK now I need you to give me the name and address I asked you to remember. She told me to remember John Smith 42 Bedford Rd. Bedford NY. I see the test was to confuse me with all the count backward stuff and then still remember the address. I admit I couldn't remember if she said 42 or 442 Bedford Rd. She had a mask on so it was hard to hear what she was saying. I said 42 so I guess I got it right. After I passed, I asked her if the president had to take the same test or is he exempt. She laughed and said I hope so.
Swal
My doctor stopped asking the "depression" and "falling down" questions a few years ago. they're required by Medicare. I noted on my visit summary that I can look up online, that the nurse fills that part in.

so much garage activity I forgot to post a cruise pic from 2017 to keep with our British Cruisers:

Here's the NCL Jewel, my first cruise ship, and one I'll always love. We were on her sister ship, the Pearl heading into Juneau Alaska.

Jewel AK.jpg

Had to do a cruise ship dance to get to the NCL dock there. A few weeks before our trip, one of the NCL ships docked in a too-energetic fashion and damaged the dock. But, even before that, there was only room for one ship at a time. So we had to pull into the harbour, then wait on the Jewel to dance off the dock, and into the channel, so we could do the sideways shuffle in next to the dock.

Jewel AK-2.jpg

Last edited:
We did go out to a local spot for dinner. Half a fried chicken with mashed taters and slaw, I ate it all!
KARL - looks like the check is in front of you too? Nice part of the family there!

58f as we start looking for 79f high with partly sunny and breezy!
FLO - Just a quick cup of coffee right now -- I have to roll out the trash barrels as I see that the street is lined with them; however, looking at the "pickup schedule" I do not see that this is recycle day but others have theirs out? I am confused.
edit: I have additional room - so I will not take any out today - good!
Since Father's day was yesterday, I'm reminded of the first words my father taught me...and the taste of the soap my mother used when I spoke those words.
DRAT: Now I have to clean the coffee off the carpet that I just spit!
PATRICK -- too funny!

I wanted to voice a few choice words but I did politely say no saying itā€™s their money for the water they are spending. Not my business.
TLOC - You just vaulted to the top of my list. WTF - People need to just Mind their own Business.

He's an American Shepherd, which is what the now call miniature Australian Shepherds. They are great dogs
JeefH - Beautiful pup - Love his/her intelligence looks and color!
What I would give if I cold sit in my yard and fire a gun!

WILLIE: Is #5125 a "snoot" -- nice photo perspective.

I have a ton of work to do today. Disassembling my "office" which is in the upstairs den which has the upstairs TV and moving desk, table, bookcase, computer, printer, boxes of paperwork in order for the approaching daughter with two g-sons (15 and 13) in about a week who will be here for a week ... Then daughter from Okinawa will come July 8th with 2 g-sons (10. and 8) and will be living with us for I have no idea how long - she and husband are separating - I don't know if it will be permanent or not. Going to be a zoo for sure.
Anyone have a spare bedroom? I may be in the market?

I didn't know that someone had a sub - that is now missing - for visiting the Titanic?

Oh GREAT! Now they are stealing Sriracha Sauce from stores and restaurants in SFO.
I better locate some - Only have a half bottle left.

so much garage activity I forgot to post a cruise pic from 2017 to keep with our British Cruisers:

Here's the NCL Jewel, my first cruise ship, and one I'll always love. We were on her sister ship, the Pearl heading into Juneau Alaska.

View attachment 170342

Had to do a cruise ship dance to get to the NCL dock there. A few weeks before our trip, one of the NCL ships docked in a too-energetic fashion and damaged the dock. But, even before that, there was only room for one ship at a time. So we had to pull into the harbour, then wait on the Jewel to dance off the dock, and into the channel, so we could do the sideways shuffle in next to the dock.

View attachment 170343

Love the pictures, Troy.

2017: The ship to the right of Jewel is a Royal Caribbean one; possibly Explorer of the Seas. The other one belongs to Holland America. Oosterdam and Zaandam were in the area then.

David

It's another step in the right direction. As our great nation continues to stive to be a more perfect union.

I forgive you for burning DC. I may not be as forgiving if you had gotten past Fort Mchenry and burned Baltimore! ;)
View attachment 170338
The Banner still waves over the land of the free and the home of the brave. :D
FYI the British wee the first to outlaw slavery, The parts of the US were close behind, and many ignore the fact it is happening even today, some free people around the world barely earn the equivalent of Ā£2 per day.
The US can stand proud that it has stood up for the rights of people around t he world, people always remember the bad, but easily forget or overlook the good.

As far as Iknow I have no family involved in fighting in US,and I would not go looking to find out either. My other half when in the UK forces did go to the US as the first joint training in a long time, Carolina I think, he really liked the hosts,
he used to be able to do push ups and clap, and the guys he was with of a like fitness, he did bring back his bosses new Land Rover crushed by 3 stags who ran into it, the boss was not impressed, the US lads wereā€¦.why did you not bring the stags back on the roof and hood to eat!

My uncle was a US GI in the ww2 and met my aunt in the uk. He and my dad were great mates,and my dad missed him when they went to the US.

Many countries rely on the US and its friendship for safety, but happily diss them, I personally find that disrespectful.
ā€¦as as for the Boston Tea Party, I think I established elsewhere I do not like tea,so I forgive you :p

I remember some of that from going to the doctor with my Mom.

Do you own a gun? Do you ever feel sad or depressed? All kinds of silly stuff. My Mom's doctor thought it was nonsense, but you must do what you must do.

Unrelated, but it reminds me of what my Mom said when the doctor asked if she had any new pains or problems. "I haven't seen anything on TV I might have" The doctor and I both thought that was funny. My Mom was a real character!
Do you own a gun? Do you ever feel sad or depressed? All kinds of silly stuff.

Those questions are put in your examination now so ATF ( or other authorities ) can confiscate any weapons you may have by using the new "Red Flag Laws".
It is ALL about diminishing your second amendment rights. They are chipping away, little by little.
By law, you can refuse to answer any questions you may be asked, or answer "no comment ; does not apply". Or give the answer of your choice.

"You have the right to remain silent" .....but many don't have the common sense to do so.

Last edited:
Good morning from smoke haze covered (again) So. Central WIsconsin. 2 days of blue skies and clean air were nice. Today we also get the heat to as we climb into the upper 80ā€™s.

Today I have a doctor appointment in office with the GP at 8:30. Itā€™s only a 5 minute drive with traffic. I will then pickup the daughter and we will visit 3 Counter top places. The stone Terry picked out is in a quarry that has been on strike since April and the countertop people did not tell us that until last week.

1/4ā€ of rain was received while we were traveling, so the neighborhood lawns and ours are a light tan color. I wonā€™t water but one of the neighbors started last Thursday. A group of 3 ladies came up to me yesterday while I was on the porch with a petition to sign requesting/demanding they stop watering. I wanted to voice a few choice words but I did politely say no saying itā€™s their money for the water they are spending. Not my business. Dirty looks but nothing said, thankfully for them. I canā€™t wait until we move back on the property when the new place is finished, no neighborhood, just us and the horses.

I am going to try to get motivated to do something in the train room this afternoon. Maybe the heat will drive me off the front porch or back deck. Have not even walked in there since Friday afternoon.

enjoy the day
Totally agree,if the state wants a hosepipe ban they will set one, a castle is oneā€™s home, at least as long as your not firing cannons from it,

and what I do on mine and they do on thereā€™s as long as itā€™s legal,and preferably I do not see it,we have a tree or shrub hedge,for privacy,it is quiet round here so if they have a garden picnic I hear it,but I think enjoy your selves.

I top my IBCs up when it wet,then release the water once once there is a hosepipe ban,collection of water of roofs
am having to shut the polytunnel at the moment my favourite white duck has realised she likes strawberries both patches outside are empty the pig and she has attempted to check out the hanging pots I have had to hang them back up as she walks up and takes anything not green, greedy cow, husband says my own fault feeding her biscuits near the house

zuccini now on the menu,yum yum

Attachments

• IMG_1112.jpeg
    IMG_1112.jpeg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1123.jpeg
    IMG_1123.jpeg
    434.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    718.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1189.jpeg