Running Bear's June 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, everyone has voiced their frustrations....I've been posting the same way I always did, and have not been cancelled,(as yet). I take that as "go on back to doin' what you were doing before we interfered". No need to point any more fingers, or write any more acrimonious posts for now...

Sidebar: Sherrel has tried to resign as a moderator, but as of the other day, Bob has not accepted. That means he still is, (reluctantly) a moderator. His sage advice to return to normal can be taken as a countermand to the previous edict. In the absence of final word from the list owner - Bob - nothing has changed. That's my take on this for now. As stated for generations in Public Railroad Timetables, "the information contained there in is subject to change without notice!"

Pax

It's dead Jim!

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 9.07.28 AM.png

The sooner you stop the sooner it will get better
Sorry, but had people done nothing, Willie would be gone,permenantly,and it would have changed the coffee shop I know permenantly

SO Troy stood up for what was the status quo, I actually applaud him standing up.

Tony MiA supposedly someone lit a fire, who knows, BuT most people were appalled,many are still bycotting, comments on their own threads.

Fact and only fact is Smudge clearly did not object to the red letter, and did not show any sympathy for the people worse effected,or anyone effected, and he voiced his feelings.

As I said elsewhere I applaud Troy for standing up for his friends, and sorry I can see the bickering offends you,but sone people have taken sides…I side with Willie.

Do I think Smudge 1. Possible started this, yes,his comments suggest he was part. Certainly has no issues.
2. His comments do not support coffee shop members who have been effected, which I am seriously sad about. Whether or not 1 applies or not.

I do not want a fight or bad feeling with you,but I am sorry I do not find Troy’s attempts to stand up for his friends objectionable.

My iPad run out of battery had written this not posted which I will, and JeffH your one up man ship that you’ll stop if Troy does is a glass window easily seen through.

I have to go do something else. But Troy has my support, and Willie has his.Letting this go is not acceptable in my opinion.

Good Morning All!

57F @ 76% and clear

To me, the banter on who/what/where and why is getting old. Also to me, there is one and only one way to deal with this *without* pointing fingers and guessing whodunit; that would be asking the source. There are only 2 outcomes from that. Either Tony was directed, or Tony decided himself to post.

Tony? If you made a mistake or not is pretty much moot at this time. Just let us know. If you made a mistake don't worry about as I will not ( and probably most everybody else ) hold any ill-will toward you. I have NEVER made any mistakes - Right, if you believe that: I have a bridge over waterfront property between NYC and Jersey. Comes with toll booths and you can change lane directions at will.

All-in-all, we need all the folks that still are self exiled AND Tony to get back in the game.

My $0.02 worth

Later

Good Morning, Folks!

The Accu-Weather hasn't actually been accurate for the past while. Their 80% chance of over-night heavy rain forecast just didn't happen. So, Alberta's fires continue to rage.
We will be trying to head west through the Rockies, on our holiday starting next week. We might have to go further south first, as the main artery through the Rockies from where we are at seems closed at this time, due to the fires. I'm glad I allowed 2 days travel time to make our Vancouver ferry reservation.

I was actually considering starting a separate thread that showcased close-up, walk-around type photos of specific railcars. For example, I have fourteen photos of this particular railcar, close-up and from different angles:
533181 (1).JPG

533181 (2).JPG

533181 (4).JPG

I'm fortunate, that I'm able to get close-up to these cars for descriptive photos. Not everyone can do that.
The issue I have with the idea, is that it takes a-lot of time and effort to organize, research and describe properly. The only thing I know about the car shown, is that it is a boxcar.

As we speak, I'm out of time to complete this post, because I need to go work for an old client again. So my dream of spending retirement time doing hobbies and things I enjoy is out of reach at this time.

I'll use the coffee shop for a few photos, and worry about dedicated threads when people stop phoning me to fix stuff.

I gotta go. Somebody fried a kitchen counter receptacle yesterday, and can't fix it themselves.

Have a great day!

I'm a little slow in arising this morning, sorry!
Seriously folks: I'm sorry to have to say this, and some of you may take offence at my next few words, but everyone should take a deep breath and STOP taking jabs at each other!

I am sitting here, reading all this am I can feel my BP going up.
There is no reason to accuse another of starting all this. It does not matter - The thing is that I feel that TONY should not have been so forceful in posting what he said - the way he did it was "over the top".

NOW - we have many good, nice, contributors biting, snarling, pointing fingers, and literally (my words) picking fights with each other. I don't need to call names, but rest assured -- any more posts directed towards another member WILL BE DELETED ... do I need to put that in RED!

I am sure that BOB will make a decision fairly quick on how he wants HIS forum to work!

I
am on the side of those who said, "if it an't broke - don't try to fix it".
LOUIS - I have to compliment you on your postings this morning:
In the words of RODNEY KING ... Can't we all just git along?

Good morning everyone,

My apologies for being adrift, summer is on the way and have many chores to do outdoors. We were hit by a hurricane this year and then a wildfire 2 1/2 weeks ago (Hammonds Plains as many of you know). Thankfully, the hard working firefighters and first responders were aided by the wind blowing from the ocean reversing its direction and blowing the out of control wildfire back on itself allowing these heroes to get some fire blocks in place saving many of our homes and an even greater disaster. Tragically, more than 200 people have lost their homes in the past 2 weeks here which is truly heartbreaking.

as stated, been busy out in the yard doing many chores and catching up; had to throw my freezer out as it leaked out while the power was cut etc...
I did get my model boat resined on the bottom and will work on getting the motor and prop shafts done up next. Hope to have it painted and riding the waves in the next couple weeks....things are very slow going as I have to finish building another greenhouse and getting a new deck rebuilt as well.

Wishing all of you the very best and will try and pop in again to say hello as often as I can.

aerial view of HP fire.jpg

Good morning everyone,

My apologies for being adrift, summer is on the way and have many chores to do outdoors. We were hit by a hurricane this year and then a wildfire 2 1/2 weeks ago (Hammonds Plains as many of you know). Thankfully, the hard working firefighters and first responders were aided by the wind blowing from the ocean reversing its direction and blowing the out of control wildfire back on itself allowing these heroes to get some fire blocks in place saving many of our homes and an even greater disaster. Tragically, more than 200 people have lost their homes in the past 2 weeks here which is truly heartbreaking.

as stated, been busy out in the yard doing many chores and catching up; had to throw my freezer out as it leaked out while the power was cut etc...
I did get my model boat resined on the bottom and will work on getting the motor and prop shafts done up next. Hope to have it painted and riding the waves in the next couple weeks....things are very slow going as I have to finish building another greenhouse and getting a new deck rebuilt as well.

Wishing all of you the very best and will try and pop in again to say hello as often as I can.

View attachment 169920
No apologies necessary. We are all glad to see you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back