Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the pending sale of the Commanders for a little over $6 billion
I think Josh Harris is overpaying, but it's his group's money. He will make them into a winner again. I'm a little surprised that he didn't make the purchase under the Harris - Blitzer Sports Entertainment group, which owns the Devils and the Rock, as well as the 76ers, (both of which are playoff teams this year), and some smaller enterprise. Keep in mind that he is a founder / principal of the Apollo Private Capital organization, and has made a large fortune doing what private capital does to get rich. He will bring in a whole new management group that uses analytics to determine each and every move they make.

Morning from out here! 53f looking for 74f and sunny (for a change).
The last several days have been threatening rain with a smattering of small showers at times.

I've been on a real downer all week! Time wounds all heels I hear.
Just cannot get over the fact that he did not act like anything was wrong except coughing/hacking, loss of appetite, and labored breathing - and all those things happened at different times within a two week period.

I see that the Dodgers are only 500 so far and the Padres are close on their heels!
I'm going to pull for the Padres this year. They are one of only three teams that have never won a World series?

I go to get out and try to accomplish something today - groceries, stack firewood, move some plants around for the Spousal Unit - she is going to Dayton on Tuesday with the youngest daughter for the G-Son's band performance. I hope his band does good - they were so good that they were moved up into a higher class! (tougher competition)

GEORGE - DAVID - MIKE - LOUIS ... Certainly pray that things on the health front improve.
I skimmed over about 7 pages of posts -- I know I am overlooking many ... I'm sorry!
What I wouldn't give to be able to walk 2-3 miles! Having a hard time just getting to/from the mailbox 150 yards away.

Morning all,

First day of my vacation i woke up. Unfortunately a job found me...LOL

Had a rototiller reserved to do a deeper dig in the son's new garden space and deepen mine a little bit, mixing the grass clippings into it. The tiller was one of those 400# units that the sodbuster's of ole would have loved to have, so I did the son's and returned it as it was way too big for my 9ft X 9ft garden space. So I dug out the little one I and turned everything in.

Storms overnight dropped enough rain to clean the crap out of the house gutters and maybe raise the level in the rain barrels and inch. Top of the son's garden space looked very wet, but only down less that 1/2 inch. Winds shifted out of the north and although it was 85° yesterday, it's currently 51°.

Having come back in for lunch, I'm starting to paint the closet I keep putting off as I hate painting them. Still has to be done. We'll see how much I can get done.

Christian: Always a good idea to backup your data files. Here's a link to an article telling how to upgrade to Windows 10. I just don't know how it plays on a non-US system. Don't attempt Windows 11 as I don't think your machine would be compatible.

Here's to the guy who invented 0 (zero).....Thanks for nothing!

Morning all,

First day of my vacation i woke up. Unfortunately a job found me...LOL

Had a rototiller reserved to do a deeper dig in the son's new garden space and deepen mine a little bit, mixing the grass clippings into it. The tiller was one of those 400# units that the sodbuster's of ole would have loved to have, so I did the son's and returned it as it was way too big for my 9ft X 9ft garden space. So I dug out the little one I and turned everything in.

Storms overnight dropped enough rain to clean the crap out of the house gutters and maybe raise the level in the rain barrels and inch. Top of the son's garden space looked very wet, but only down less that 1/2 inch. Winds shifted out of the north and although it was 85° yesterday, it's currently 51°.

Having come back in for lunch, I'm starting to paint the closet I keep putting off as I hate painting them. Still has to be done. We'll see how much I can get done.

Christian: Always a good idea to backup your data files. Here's a link to an article telling how to upgrade to Windows 10. I just don't know how it plays on a non-US system. Don't attempt Windows 11 as I don't think your machine would be compatible.

Here's to the guy who invented 0 (zero).....Thanks for nothing!
Patrick-

Slow down a bit, you have all vacation. You have done more on day 1 than I would have gotten accomplished thru the week.

I usually expend more energy trying to be scarce on vacation.

Louis - How's your friend Willy doing? Has his wife straightened up yet?
Thank you for asking. I wish I had some good news.
Depression has settled in over them both. Willy is waiting for a second surgery so that he can be fitted with a prosthetic. The problem is he refuses to get out of bed. He won't sit in the wheelchair or even sit up in bed. The medical people won't/can't help him if he won't try to help himself.
He has not broken the phone, which is something good. He is healthy. He is no longer diabetic. He only needs blood pressure medication. He has lost almost 200lbs. I offered to buy him all new clothes. Even old concert T-shirts from Amazon. If he would only get into the wheelchair. I'm at a loss for what I can do, other than pray.

1681585773010.png

I don't have this set. It's a C&O Chessie ;)

Patrick-

Slow down a bit, you have all vacation. You have done more on day 1 than I would have gotten accomplished thru the week.

I usually expend more energy trying to be scarce on vacation.
Unfortunately SWMBO knows where I sleep!!! LOL I'm not too worried about Big Brother...And the closet has a first coat.

Sherrel: If we weren't doing a complete color change, I wouldn't bother either, but yes she is thinking ahead. When it does come time to leave, it at least matches.

Today is the traditional tax day, delayed until Tuesday because of the weekend and some holiday in Washington DC.

In the old days, if the calendar hit it right, those people who had to mail to Andover MA got an extension of a day or two for tax day while the rest of the country had the traditional 04/15. It was because of "Patriots' Day" (not to be confused with Patriot Day, as they now call 9/11). "Patriots' Day" is a mass holiday commemorating Lexington/Concord and the start of the American Revolution. As it was a state holiday, and the at-the-time IRS center in Andover celebrated it, everyone who had that as their destination for taxes was given a few days since the PO was closed on 04/15 in Mass. No longer works like that. Now if there is a conflict the whole country gets the reprieve, they've moved all the destination offices for tax returns around, and if my observations in Utah are correct, the post office doesn't close any longer on state-only holidays. I know the PO is open here in Utah on July 24, which is a state holiday called "Pioneer Day".

EVERYTHING'S BETTER WITH SRIRACHA ON IT 😁 :)

So, while I have a bottle of said condiment, long ago I found a McCormick spice container of "Sriracha spice" -- a powered spice that was hot and vinegary and a very good additive to many things. A little went a long way. Eventually I thought it was all gone and wished I could find it again. I had gotten it at Costco long ago.

Lo and behold, a few months ago, Costco had a Kirkland version so I bought it. It is not the same -- more vinegary than hot. Still tastes good but not the same punch. Then I found, in the back of a cupboard, the original McCormick with 10-15% left in the container. So I now have both to use.

Yesterday, and again today, I added the Kirkland version to my cocoa. I used cinnamon, nutmeg, a shake or two of coriander, (today a pinch of cardamom), and a few good shakes of the Kirkland sriracha powdered spice. Then added the (sugar free) hazelnut syrup with a little vanilla, and dash of raspberry syrup. It was actually VERY good. The sriracha gave it a little pizzaz and depth but was not overbearing at all, and being not very hot in the Kirkland version, didn't overpower it with heat. I'll be doing it again.

So Sherrel is right -- everything is better with sriracha (or the powdered version) on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back