Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out as scheduled. I cut 2 sheets of shingles off their carriers and then assumed chauffeur duties. We made it to ALDI and were filling the buggy when the wife got a phone call from daughters' school. Seems daughter had been eating a jellybean while teaching her 2nd grade class and started choking. The Heimlich was performed twice clearing the airway. The PM's took her to the ER and she was checked out OK. I'm just thankful everything turned out well.

Sherrel- Thank you. I am feeling better, now if my lower back would get better.

Karl- HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎂.

Joe- Stay safe and warm, Great photos. So, when are you kit bashing the G28?

Willie- Nice scenes. I really like the signage.

Chad- Good luck with the wife.🤞

Dave- Looks like your making good progress.

Last edited:
Is it just me, but I've a few Demo versions of various Locomotives, but I find some of them look nicer than the liveried ones.

dash nine.jpg

Good evening gang!

1st off, thank you all for the birthday wishes. All these trips around the sun are makin me dizzy!!
Short day at work, came home, brought in some firewood, cranked up the wood stove and watched Youtube videos til SWMBO came home with Mission BBQ for dinner! Yum!! Then Birthday cookie and ice cream.
Good day!!

Willie, your Downtown Deco buildings remind me that I have the same kits, I just gotta build em!

TP shortages I'm not too worried about, but when there is a beer shortage, stuff's gonna get REAL!

happy now.jpg

LOLOL!!

Yeah, that’s had me scratching my cranial region for the past 2 years. COVID is a respiratory virus, not a GI one.
The original variant may have been that way, but according to my landlord, he suffered extreme nausea and vomiting with his current dose of whatever covid variant it is that's making the rounds.
Maybe everybody two years ago knew they'd need TP for this one, and were planning ahead.
Or they were just hoarding.

Yeah, had the same here, don't think they realised, Covid can only kill you, not give you the shits.
Yeah, that’s had me scratching my cranial region for the past 2 years. COVID is a respiratory virus, not a GI one.
The fear was being quarantine for 2 weeks, then if others in the family had it another 2 weeks and so on. So people were worried that in a month they would be out and not able to leave the house to get it.

For groceries I forgot to mention, Walmart and Target. Walmart has some great prices! Target, not so much. Both offer a wide selection of all kinds of stuff. Walmart offers even more, including automotive stuff and hardware, even paint!
My wife likes Target for things other than groceries. I'm a fan of Walmart because of the great prices. Did I mention I'm cheap?! Both are worth shopping at for the convenience.
Occasionally I will cherry pick sale items at Harris Teter. Usually when we go to Target because they are next to each other.
We also sometimes pick up a few items at Weis markets, only because it's the closest to us.
Louis- we usually get our groceries from Walmart, for both price & convenience, since that’s where SWMBO works. Occasionally, we will hit up Pick N Save(Kroger), since they’re much closer to home, or ALDI, since they are across the road from Walmart(& right next to KwikTrip & Menards). Last resort would be Festival, if we can’t find what we’re looking for at the others, because they generally have the highest price points in town. PNS is usually my spot for a B Double E Double R un, because they carry my brew of choice(Clausthaler, which is a German NA).
Joe(et al in the path of that nor’easter)- stay safe. It sounds like a potential whopper for the coastal areas. BTW, what are shreddies? Is that a North/Central Jersey thing?
Tom O- we’re currently hovering around 10ish on the center of the state, but it’s supposed to be about a degree or 2 when I start the car for SWMBO in the am(5:20/5:30ish) with the feels in the ballpark of no temperature.

All the best to the rest-
Mike

Willie- Your Ace Auto sign is printed on a clear background. What are you using to print on for a clear background?

Had to move my motorcycle around to get my pickup into the basement before the cold weather hits tonight. I stopped in the train room on the way back and spent two hours cleaning off my work desk, an old computer desk.
I have been given another old computer desk that fits my space better, so I have another 20 minutes of cleaning out to do before I can start dis-assembling the old desk. IF, I don't get distracted organizing about 400 HO vehicles again.

Hi Guys and Gals of the modeling world. Gary asked me for some measurements on track differences in my very much WIP grain terminal. I am unable to put pictures in the private messaging of this forum.
A2654C57-A5EB-4F60-8A69-C59B1C40CEF4.jpeg
70D463F5-E233-4095-9E68-ECC48F797DF6.jpeg
7F2CB830-7800-44CE-8FC4-F5297781D5E1.jpeg

The track at the 11” mark is considered the main.

TomO

Attachments

• 51EC9C52-E474-4AF5-872B-59AB8FB72BEF.jpeg
    51EC9C52-E474-4AF5-872B-59AB8FB72BEF.jpeg
    796.6 KB · Views: 59
  • C5D54306-474A-4BBC-BB59-58152AC87012.jpeg
    C5D54306-474A-4BBC-BB59-58152AC87012.jpeg
    760.5 KB · Views: 59
The fear was being quarantine for 2 weeks, then if others in the family had it another 2 weeks and so on. So people were worried that in a month they would be out and not able to leave the house to get it.
That's just not checking the rules, you were allowed out for essential items, like food etc. But I suppose different states reacted differently, there seemed no general policy that had to be adhered to from government, a contributing factor towards the high infection and death rate in the US.

Last edited:
That's just not checking the rules, you were allowed out for essential items, like food etc. But I suppose different states reacted differently, there seemed no general policy that had to be adhered to from government, a contributing factor towards the high infection and death rate in the US.
This was all the social media BS that people were believing at the start. Just like the rumor the the Corona virus came from Corona beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back