Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this nice car in my junk perfectly tidy garage. It's a Tyco car made in Hong Kong long time ago (maybe 40 years or so). I have to replace the Jouef (a French company) couplers with Kadee.

0750.jpg

1100.jpg

Where ? I'm curious. Maybe here or here ?
DCC concepts forum.com
it is really a forum for their excellent products,but I have met the owner, they have a chat room but there is a small nucleus of us who keep it ticking over, but it is a great place if you have technical issues with their product, I met the owner and a couple of the workers,been on other forums for ever,I did have my own face ache page but left face ache and gave it to a moderator on the page, he is a gifted from scratch builder, I never visit but know is goes on well and I am on rmweb but they are clicky and I got into cough a number of punchups not with standing they have no sense of humour and the Dalek caused a fuss or two when I posted on a realistic thread they got snotty but all the dr who fans threw up loads of instance where Dalek actually appear on uk stations, plus you can become their highest well almost their highest et posted thread ….Arboretum Valley…. Because they count when you post too and I was…coughs….prolific….and had a good following giving me excuses to um annoy the top contenders……I have left sone time and am sure I am well down the rankings now….I believe I was referred to as a pain in the posterior…..for pushing the envelope a little too far…..giggles…..on more than one occassion, the fact I got told off for posting a picture which they said was real and not a model then I proved was my model went down like a lead balloon…..but I personally had great fun….wind up merchant…moi? I am on those others you mention but they do not have enough traffic for a nice interaction, that is why i love this coffee shop, and people are just so friendly here.
The other half used to give electronics advice,but after he patiently explained why one should not use telephone wire and someone else said it was cheaper and was not concerned over the potential of a fire he gave up and said he could no longer cope with (‘I hope no one here uses telephone wire) ummm idiots, and in the same discussion some one admitted to setting their railway on fire, do not even mention fuses to him, and he finally said he was never ever wasting His time again, and stayed true to it. He that forum owner and an ex naval electrician used to have great discussions.

Hey Hey Hey ! Just calm down ! There are no French soldiers here. Just a bunch of SOB (mercenaries).😄😄😄
Hey what you got to worry about, an actor with a real or silly Brit accent is always the bad guy in Hollywood,although nowadays being white male is sufficient…probably why most of you hang out here safely from the woke. Umm does this count as politics. Quickly hides under duvet…..as not a woke.

Good morning. Early at 6 for me but the last couple days some of you start typing before 4. Weather in Wisconsin per the weather app is stating occasion snow for the next 6 hours. Here for the next 6 hours it will climb from 64f degrees to 82. But, it is windy at 14mph.

GUY, great pictures and sure hope that Autumn scene can come together.

WILLIE, great pictures and lots of little people.

CHRISTIAN, personally not a fan of any Tyco but damn that’s a good looking car you posted

SHERREL, up with the chickens, ok I can understand that, me too!

Golf today, fish dinner out tonight but not a Friday Fish Fry like back home would be. Also, a visit scheduled before dinner to the upcoming homestead. The changes to be made are on hold as the building commissioners have to approve even inside changes that do not effect anything but internals. Moving a few walls not load bearing and government must…

Going out for a few laps in the pool
TomO

Good Morning all! A very pleasant day in the making. Much like Willie, our forecast looks pretty good for the next 7, 8 days then another cold front.
I think I'll have a breakfast burrito with extra jalapenos please, and a large coffee.

I sent a little time cleaning up the desk after the Jefferies Point build. Ran some trains and clean some track.

Jaz - Are you intending fried chicken for breakfast? Maybe a poached egg and a biscuit. Or if you like them a potato scone might go with it instead.
Christian - 11 feet by 40 inches. It is 48" off the floor. Being 6' 4" and the table that high allows me to reach across it the event I need to. I added an updated overall pic. Jefferies Point is in the middle way in the back.
Thanks to all for the likes on Jefferies Point and yesterday's photo. Sherrel it is about 85% scenic.

1636737738488.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

I tried to change the couplers on my new Tyco car. It works but not as well as I would like. Could you help me to find a better solution ? The Kadee are a little bit long but at the moment I have nothing else.

View attachment 135306

View attachment 135307

View attachment 135308
It's done correctly but there needs to be Kadee red or gray washers inserted on the underside of the coupler in the green car. You can see a gray one on this car, although it actually has the horn-hook coupler in there. Only picture that I have.
IMG_7717_LI.jpg

A better solution which requires a little modeling experience would be to cut the truck-mounted coupler boxes off, and mount Kadee coupler boxes to the bottom of the floor at the correct height. That might require shimming like this.
IMG_7719_LI.jpg

It's done correctly but there needs to be Kadee red or gray washers inserted on the underside of the coupler in the green car. You can see a gray one on this car, although it actually has the horn-hook coupler in there. Only picture that I have.
View attachment 135313

A better solution which requires a little modeling experience would be to cut the truck-mounted coupler boxes off, and mount Kadee coupler boxes to the bottom of the floor at the correct height. That might require shimming like this.
View attachment 135312
index.php

Good afternoon...65 cloudy, breezy, with rain showers, (0.15" so far). New machine is up and running. Win 11 setup was not difficult, I was able to load WP office from the original download on my back-up SD card. Win 11 makes it easier to disable or hide undesirable or nuisance software. Printer installed easily...and the Caps Game looked good on the screen.
I did not copy my picture library from the back-up SD card, so I have to rebuild my photo library. I want to keep my files current. Down side, no photos for a while.

Oops. My bad.:rolleyes:
No not at all, the two guesses were legitimate, I signed up to them,just not enough traffic, I am a motorway, or at least a good busy layout type of person,if I do not visit for a few weeks I have likely gone onto the next wonderful thing,I was probably a butterfly in a previous life
1E40DD98-95E0-49A4-AB66-E2675CC36205.jpeg
BAF49BC9-E45F-4BE7-9DD2-8E21568EBE40.jpeg

although on a number of forums I call myself the station cat and use this as my avatar

Good Day Gentlemen/Ladies
Got back into the trainroom today for just a few minutes, cleaned the mainlines and ran 2 trains for several minutes while I tried to get a grip on what needs to be done. I snapped a couple pics of one area that has got more of my attention. The fellow crawling into the little tent is a retired truckdriver, and no, he's NOT camping...........
IMG_1045.jpg
IMG_1040.jpg

Afternoon All,

Did a pre-Thanksgiving cleaning job then headed up to the train room. By the time I finished I fixed a light board that was flickering and cutting out, hooked up the mine and power house to the lighting buss and almost finished the stairs between the mine and power house (still need to add hand rails) and I lighted the equipment shed and mounted it. Tomorrow I will finish the stairs, add details and hope to glue down the road and parking lot. Of course I have to find where all my detail parts/vehicles are.

Hughie- It looks like a well done layout.

IBKen- I look forward to seeing it complete.

Jaz- Great water scenes.

Dave- That will be a nice scene when done.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Yeah, CURT, I have had to join the "Cleaning Brigade" as well - I have received my marching orders!

Say, DAVE, that tent have a spare bedroom? I went to the grocery store this morning ... Eeek!

JAZ ... occasionally I have a mental block following some things you say, today was not the case .. downright amusing! BTW - how are the injuries? Better I pray?

Christian - I like the boxcar you pictured - that is a "goodie"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back