Forum Rules info

MikeGTW

Signalman, ESQ
Maybe there should be a Title "Forum Rules" under the Welcome To Forum I don't post here that much but reading the guys arguing and leaving the forum I think these should be spelled out for everyone New and Old I am a admin and mod on several other sites and we do that on all of them so there is no question when you get your hands slapped Just my 2 cents
And can anyone tell me what happened to Kellyann she just disappeared one day just curious
Thanks Mike

badges.jpg

The forum rules are simple, “be nice” and “no religious or political debates”. If you have a big long list of rules, you have trolls and wanna be lawyers arguing “it doesn’t say that!”
Kellyann vanished for a few reasons. 1) her profile photo seemed to imply interests other than trains 2) questionable pm’s reported to staff 3) “her” IP address resolved to Hungary.
Here’s what happens: Scammers visit some other model train site, grab a discussion, and come here posting the same question and posing as a young and lonely lady who’s more than happy to “talk in private”. The moderators of this site do a lot of spam prevention, most of which goes un-noticed.

As for the terms of use? There’s a “terms and rules” at the bottom of every page which explains the conditions you agree to when creating an account.

The forum rules are simple, “be nice” and “no religious or political debates”. If you have a big long list of rules, you have trolls and wanna be lawyers arguing “it doesn’t say that!”
Kellyann vanished for a few reasons. 1) her profile photo seemed to imply interests other than trains 2) questionable pm’s reported to staff 3) “her” IP address resolved to Hungary.
Here’s what happens: Scammers visit some other model train site, grab a discussion, and come here posting the same question and posing as a young and lonely lady who’s more than happy to “talk in private”. The moderators of this site do a lot of spam prevention, most of which goes un-noticed.

Yeah after the cowgirl pic and a PM invite to "follow her back" I had "her" pegged as a probable sweaty Russian guy in a basement somewhere in Eastern Europe. Rules? Common sense. This ain't Facebook (Thank God!) I've been here twenty some years and remarkably few dustups. Just follow the Golden Rule.

I don't remember her profile photo so much but some of the other stuff yes and Hungary kind of a red flag since she or "he" was from England
I just block the ip address on some of them Haven't had too many argue about rules try to slide by yes

I don't wanna come out of the basement and admit I have a problem........

But I got a PM as well, and that's when I knew there was something going on.

What we've all got to be aware of is that, just because there is a name and photo, that's no proof these days, that it's 'them'.

I guess, considering the seeming knowledge of some things model railroad related, by 'Kellyann', this wasn't an attempt by an eastern block modeler to siphon funds to build a layout.

Back