Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh! I was thinking round file. Your way is better. Thanks.

BTW, my entire set up is/will be a permanent test track.

I have the same issue with wires running under my Lionel FasTrack. I've not done it yet, but my thoughts were to start with the diagonal pliers and finish the job with a round file.

You're not alone, you could say all my layouts have been temporary test tracks. I may never finish anything, permanently. I really don't care, as long as I get back to playing with my trains I'll be happy. :)

(Japan H0 is 1/80 on the same H0 track -- probably for the same reason)
Would make it just that bit easier to get decoders and speakers into , because of the bigger size, like the 1:76 British OO. Guys run that and US 1:87 on the club layout. They look to be much the same size, but that's because the US 1/1 trains are larger and the scales cancel each other out.

Chicago & North Western Historical Society
GP-7 i leading a short train along what the rails call the "Ridgerunner line." That line ran from Madison,Wisconsin west along a series of ridges to Monfort, Wisconsin. It served communities like Mount Horeb, Blue Mounds, Dodgeville and Cobb, Wisconsin. The line was pulled up fairly late in C&NW history. Such tight squeeze! It is a Joe Holman photo.
View attachment 40841
Oh! look. It's an Athearn blue box loco.

Patrick, you hit the nail on the head, most polish sausage sold in grocery stores in nothing more than a good hotdog, I agree! Some a down right bad! My daughter-in-law bought Bar-S brand polish sausages, she cooked them perfectly on a charcoal grill and they were still sub-par. She is Hungarian and new to grilling, I gave her a pass, this time. ;) I told her where to get good polish sausages for hotdog rolls. https://www.polockjohnnys.com/
1571910812792.png

For real polish sausage I go here http://ostrowskiofbankst.com/ For my taste Ostrowski's is best cooked on a charcoal grill or roasted in the oven and served all by itself, no roll! I like the mild, but my wife prefers the spicy version, both are very good!
1571910954520.png

The smoked Polish Sausage is great! All you need to do is heat it a little bit in the microwave or do like I do, eat it cold!
1571911166951.png

I use to use Ostrowski's in my thanksgiving sauerkraut, but I found Johnsonville's Irish O'Garlic goes better with sauerkraut.
1571910988585.png

Last edited:
Nationals win, again!

I knew the Nationals had a powerful offense, but I never expected them to open a can of "whop ass" on the Astros pitching staff!

It's only two games, and the Astros roster is stocked with great players. Let's see what happens when they come back to DC.

Louis- BITD, there were “associations/rackets” of virtually ever ethnicity- not just the I-talians that Hollywood & pop-culture have imfamized. Just look who the biggest monster that “controlled”/corrupted Fulgencio Batista in Cuba in the ‘50’s. Meyer Lansky(along with Lucky Luciano) was with the Jewish Mob.
Mike, you are correct sir! Corruption is not limited to any ethnic group. Corruption is a human condition that all good people should resist.

Many of these groups/associations begin out of necessity due to prejudice. It's almost a "clan" mentality. Clan as in the definition; a group of people with a strong common interest.

These things would go away if we could get past our prejudice due to differences and see we are all God's creation. I pray, someday we will all see we are all much more alike than we are different.

I don't begin to understand the only true "infinite wisdom", God's wisdom. Sometimes I wonder if these differences are not some kind of test. To see how we handle the differences. Do we truly care about each individual or do we simply, falsely judge them as groups, by our differences?

Bigger house?! Sherrel, I would not move again if you gave me a new mansion high on a hill on the Atlantic coast with no property tax and free utilities for life!

There going to have to carry my dead body out of this house. I'm too old and half-broken down to move again!

That really is a great video Roofintrash posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back