Jerome's Switcher Roster V 3.0

KARL...................................... drum roll please............................

The Maryland Midland needed a new switcher so they went with a tried and true type. Let me introduce you to Maryland Midland's newest, SW1000 #103.

20190616_215213.jpg

20190616_215143.jpg

That #103 is looking pretty sharp!
Nice looking twins, what are the "Z"'s on the cabsides?
Are they Atlas units?

That #103 is looking pretty sharp!
Nice looking twins, what are the "Z"'s on the cabsides?
Are they Atlas units?
Rick, It's a lightning bolt with wording as far as I can see. They are Backmann's believe it or not. Lots of details on them though. Kinda like their 70 tonners they released. I haven't had a chance to put them on the test track yet.

Wow, there's something in my mailbox from North Carolina I wonder what it could be? Jerome, it looks absolutely wonderful in person even more so than it did in the pictures. I can't thank you enough! Now it's my turn as soon as I get the club units done, then I shall spend a little time at the workbench building something you will drool over! After all what are friends for.

Wow that got there quick!
Congrats Karl, I'll be looking forward to the pictures of it in action!

OK started work on the VR S4. The basic tear down is done. I did a little research and could only find 2 pictures of the real one. Looks like I have some modifying to do. Box at the front of the cab window, move bell to the nose and change out the exhaust stack.

thumbnail17.jpg
18.jpg

Need a little help guys. I'd like to put DCC in these units. It has an 8 pin plug already on it. I use an NCE power cab, any recommendations as to what decoder to use?
20190629_115412.jpg

But Karl, it has really nice LED's front and back................:oops: Is Tsunami a sound unit?

Yes, a Tsunami is a sound decoder. The D14SR is a plug and play install, the Tsunami is going to require trashing the light board, configuring new lights, and finding a space for a speaker.
You have to break eggs to make an Omelette!;)

Yes, a Tsunami is a sound decoder. The D14SR is a plug and play install, the Tsunami is going to require trashing the light board, configuring new lights, and finding a space for a speaker.
You have to break eggs to make an Omelette!;)

I'm thinking non sound then LOL Tight spaces in there and I'm not very good at re-working lights. Remember, that was Mark's job for me? RIP

Back