Engine With NO Road Name!

Toot should forgive US, Willie!

WE act like the Dominant Continent, and snidely refer to Australia as the land "Down Under".

This is Baloney!

Every region of the Earth's surface is "Down Under" depending on the observer! Toot can rightly call the North American continent "down under" and he would be right!

Toodles, Mate!
Hal

Maybe so -- Spelling was not one of my stronger subjects. How nice of you to call it to my attention!

TRY this one----

This Wikipedia article gives this explanation for the origin of the word gee-gee:
The Chester Racecourse site was home to the famous and bloody Goteddsday football match. The game was very violent and, in 1533, banned by the city, to be replaced in 1539 by horse racing. The first recorded race was held on February 9, 1539 with the consent of the Mayor Henry Gee, whose name led to the use of the term "gee-gee" for horses.​
TOOT must be older than I thought?

TRY this one----

This Wikipedia article gives this explanation for the origin of the word gee-gee:
The Chester Racecourse site was home to the famous and bloody Goteddsday football match. The game was very violent and, in 1533, banned by the city, to be replaced in 1539 by horse racing. The first recorded race was held on February 9, 1539 with the consent of the Mayor Henry Gee, whose name led to the use of the term "gee-gee" for horses.​
TOOT must be older than I thought?
Didn't know that Sherrel, seems gee-gee was the name all parents gave to horses when pointing them out to their off-spring when I was a toddler. just goes to show how far flung some of these silly names get.

Back