Running Bear's March 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Looks like this is the new place. Flo and Francine are ready to serve you. Someone removed the snow from the front walk and the paint is actually dry this month. Sit back and enjoy a cup or two.

Willie - quick question: your structure called Jack's (I think that's its name) - is that a kit and if so what one? Or is that something you kitbashed?
Johnny - It is a kit from Bar Mills known as "Jack's Back Yard". Many of the details come with the kit, and I have added a few myself along with the figures.

Morning everyone! Minus Seven right now; but, heading above Zero and staying there until Midnight tonight. Then back down below for a while tomorrow and again towards the mid part of next week we go above and stay there over the next 10 days. Little precip of any kind expected, maybe things are changing for the better. I don't think we've been above freezing since December.

Flo, nice cup of Joe and bowl of Oat meal please!

I would love to Build some of Banta, Bar Mills or other wood kits! However wood kit's prices put me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh! was February missing a few days, or something o_O

I thought someone had added a few days on to February, as it took forever to get done with it! However, I know your doing Summer now and I always notice Summer goes so very fast!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Willie, if you had not turned on the lights I would have been sitting in the old place wondering where everybody was. You also remind me to turn the page on my wall calendar and now I see next week is Ash Wednesday, time to stock up on tuna, salmon and Atlantic white fish.

It's 31 with light snow falling, we had about an inch of accumulation on the paved surfaces overnight here in southeast Baltimore. There was about 3 inches on my wife's car and on the lawn. Clean up was easy, I never complain about snow when I can remove it using brooms. I love my snow blower my son gave me, but it's like an insurance policy or warranty, the best one is the one you never need.

Thanks Everybody for your concern about my aches and pains, but it's just me whining and complaining. I was angry thinking I was not going to be able to work yesterday. I've worked hard and had more fun than many do it three lifetimes and lived to tell the tale. Chronic aches and pains are part of the price I have to pay, thank God.

I worked yesterday, but I could not complete my four hour block in two. I only had 25 stops but they were spread out in God's county. I saw more cows than I did people and sometimes the only visible signs of civilization were the roads and livestock fences. Thank God for Amazon's GPS or I would have gotten lost for sure! Those long private driveways eat up time, but even with heavy traffic at the tunnel (15 minutes to travel 5 miles on I95) I was home 45 minutes early.

I don't finish early because I work fast, those days are long gone. I finish early because of my experience on the roads and reading Amazon's GPS maps. That combined with the fact that I don't waste time. I am usually the first driver to leave the station. I sort my load as I scan it into my itinerary and load it into my van. I only handle my packages once when loading and I seldom waste a second looking for the next package on the road. Most importantly I keep moving, I may be slow, but I don't waste time. Amazon builds in a few extra minutes for each stop to search for the house and or package, Many drivers work out of cars, my van makes it easy. I seldom need the extra time. This is my fourth year doing this, like everything, experience is crucial to doing a good job.

Good morning Everybody!

Bryce Harper signed a 13 year 330million dollar contract with the Phillies. The Phillies are getting a sub-par/average defender who hit 249 last year. He did hit 32 homeruns and drove in 100 runs, but he will be 39 when his contract is over. He led the league in walks with 130, but he had 169 strikeouts! That's a lot of eggs in one not so pretty basket. Is it an early Happy Easter Philly fans?

The top 4 player's contracts in MLB are worth well over 1 billion dollars total. MLB is more profitable than ever, but I think that's crazy to pay so much for so few. A good utility man gets 2-5 million, but you almost never make the playoffs with out one. For some baseball teams it is becoming capitalism on crack!

I think of the 2017 world champion Houston Astros, their total team salary was below the league average. The Phillies were below the league average for total payroll, but one player moved them into the top ten!

On the Brightside, the Orioles beat the Phillies (without Harper) in the grapefruit league yesterday. For the record the Orioles team salary is 28th of the 30 MLB teams. The entire Orioles team makes $61,693,782, that's enough to pay any 2 of the top 4 players.

1551439383837.png

I want one of these, but I refuse to pay $30 for a t-shirt!

Good morning Everybody!

Bryce Harper signed a 13 year 330million dollar contract with the Phillies. The Phillies are getting a sub-par/average defender who hit 249 last year. He did hit 32 homeruns and drove in 100 runs, but he will be 39 when his contract is over. He led the league in walks with 130, but he had 169 strikeouts! That's a lot of eggs in one not so pretty basket. Is it an early Happy Easter Philly fans?

The top 4 player's contracts in MLB are worth well over 1 billion dollars total. MLB is more profitable than ever, but I think that's crazy to pay so much for so few. A good utility man gets 2-5 million, but you almost never make the playoffs with out one. For some baseball teams it is becoming capitalism on crack!

I think of the 2017 world champion Houston Astros, their total team salary was below the league average. The Phillies were below the league average for total payroll, but one player moved them into the top ten!

On the Brightside, the Orioles beat the Phillies (without Harper) in the grapefruit league yesterday. For the record the Orioles team salary is 28th of the 30 MLB teams. The entire Orioles team makes $61,693,782, that's enough to pay any 2 of the top 4 players.

Louis, sorry, but there is no ballplayer on this Earth worth that kind of money . It's a simple game you throw the ball, you hit the ball, you catch the ball. It's just a game.

Good morning Everybody!

Isn’t that something! Probably means next year Mike Trout will push the 400 million mark. Totally out of hand.

All goes to show how ridiculous American Professional Sports are!
It also highlights what happens to capitalism without regulation. The NFL has a hard salary cap and revenue sharing. Players don't make nearly as much as they do in MLB. One close look at the Green Bay Packers tells you all you need to know.

I'm all for people/players making all they can, owner are billionaires, but I'm against such top heavy payrolls. Teams win championships, not individuals.

Isn’t that something! Probably means next year Mike Trout will push the 400 million mark. Totally out of hand.
I bet you are right! He has been improving every year, he is a plus defender, he hustles even in in spring training and he has a great attitude.

Louis, sorry, but there is no ballplayer on this Earth worth that kind of money . It's a simple game you throw the ball, you hit the ball, you catch the ball. It's just a game.
That is true Karl, but only about 1200 make the 40 man roster of MLB teams. That puts them in a rare category. Collect anything that is rare and you pay a premium.

That is true Karl, but only about 1200 make the 40 man roster of MLB teams. That puts them in a rare category. Collect anything that is rare and you pay a premium.

I’m just glad the Harper, Machado media circus is finally over.

There are 25 guys on MLB active rosters. No player is worth 99.98% ($535,000 minimum compared to $30million) more than another. Much like the salaries of CEOs.

That's why we pay $10 for a hotdog at a ball game and $60,000 for a pickup truck.

The Astros and the Oakland Athletics prove you don't need to spend so much to put a good product on the field.

If you look back at world series history often times the winner is the team who's bottom third 7,8 &9 hitters that out performs the others bottom third that win the series.

Last edited:
There are 25 guys on MLB active rosters. No player is worth 99.98% ($535,000 minimum compared to $30million) more than another. Much like the salaries of CEOs.

This Is why my family can only attend 1 Cubs game a year! We used to make 4 or more. The tickets we pre-ordered were $85.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back