Jerome's Switcher Roster V 3.0

Here's A&P 1206 finishing up some chores on a small switching layout that keeps me busy for now.
There's even a boxcar for Mark D. getting spotted at the distributors!
IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Steve, how's it run? Mine hasn't been on the tracks yet.
Nice and smooth. Does a great job at being a switcher, but I usually pull heavier duty so I don't get to use it much.4592.jpg

EDIT: Actually, since I'm here Jerome I seem to recall you had a pair (or more) of PGR switchers. Do you have any from the PGR's predecessor, the Minneapolis, Northfield & Southern? I have one single MNS SD39 and she needs a friend, but I'm pretty sure an MNS SW1200 would have to be a custom paintjob, right? Might you have any pointers?
MN&SNorth Road Job @Dak1975.jpg Screenshot_20190216-190517.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and smooth. Does a great job at being a switcher, but I usually pull heavier duty so I don't get to use it much.View attachment 34739

EDIT: Actually, since I'm here Jerome I seem to recall you had a pair (or more) of PGR switchers. Do you have any from the PGR's predecessor, the Minneapolis, Northfield & Southern? I have one single MNS SD39 and she needs a friend, but I'm pretty sure an MNS SW1200 would have to be a custom paintjob, right? Might you have any pointers?
View attachment 34740View attachment 34741
Steve, I have 4 Progressive SW1500's. #36, #37, and 2 #38's. I am not familiar with the MNS does someone make those decals?

Steve, I have 4 Progressive SW1500's. #36, #37, and 2 #38's. I am not familiar with the MNS does someone make those decals?

Via eBay I'm able to find some from Microscale that cover what appears to be all of the MNS locomotive roster, and some Herald King ones that are only for the SD38 & SD39's.

Microscale number is MC-4179

Kind of cracks me up that you don't know about MNS. PGR's paint scheme is a nod to MNS, but several of PGR's locos came from the MNS also. I know for sure my SD39, #40, is PGR #40 today. I believe #36and #37 are the same case.

1972-069.jpgn MN&S 30 Leaving GN Yard StLP.jpg

Last edited:
Via eBay I'm able to find some from Microscale that cover what appears to be all of the MNS locomotive roster, and some Herald King ones that are only for the SD38 & SD39's.

Microscale number is MC-4179

Kind of cracks me up that you don't know about MNS. PGR's paint scheme is a nod to MNS, but several of PGR's locos came from the MNS also. I know for sure my SD39, #40, is PGR #40 today. I believe #36and #37 are the same case.

View attachment 34764View attachment 34765

Steve, I can't know every regional railroad out there, I'm not that good!! ;) I had seen a picture of one of Progressive's units done up with Christmas lights. That's the first time I saw those online.

WOW, I have been away for a while. I looked at Ebay today for the first time in about a year. My usual, Athearn blue box SW1000/SW1500's. GEEEZZZZZZ. I saw them for up to $100!!!! More than a DCC ready, Ready to run units. I guess the days of me cornering the market on blue box kits are over. lol

Jerome, what do you do when you need to have flexicoil trucks on a switcher that doesn't have them? I have a Blue Box SW7 that has a silky smooth saganami motor and LED's, but the trucks are wrong for the loco I want to model and I can't find where to get flexicoil switcher trucks.
BN143.JPG

Jerome, what do you do when you need to have flexicoil trucks on a switcher that doesn't have them? I have a Blue Box SW7 that has a silky smooth saganami motor and LED's, but the trucks are wrong for the loco I want to model and I can't find where to get flexicoil switcher trucks.
View attachment 34867
Do you have the older trucks with the metal sideframes?

You'd have to replace both sets of trucks with a set of the newer ones with the plastic sideframes. Those with take either the AAR or Flexicoil sideframes.

Back