Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin:

What method do you use for the track cleaning? I'm always looking for better ways to keep my track clean.

Greg

Good morning. Started off at -15 at 0430 but now the sun is up and we are at a toasty +4. Got around an inch build up from overnight flurries.

Louis - Another nice bunch of photos. Here are some more sharks.

New_York_Central_Baldwin_sharknose_locomotive.JPG

Terry - As I mentioned before, car registration up here is also based on the value of the vehicle using the NADA book. No appeals on the tags. After a vehicle is over 11 years old, like my Buick, we can get permanent tags by paying for 2 years of registration. A little sticker over the date saying "PERM". I no longer have to register it. For my classic car, I get the "Vintage" license plates. One time and permanent.

mt-vintage.jpg

No penalties for not registering a vehicle immediately. Some states do require immediate registering. I won't register a car until it is ready to get on the road. For instance, the date of sale on the title on my '59 Impala was almost three years old before I got tags for it.

Dave
- Nice photos. I can appreciate all of the work you've done to get everything period correct. When it come to snow removal in Bozeman, the closest town to us, it is pitiful. They figure that if God put it there, let him take it away. They may plow the main street snow all to the middle of the street. There have been a couple of occasions when the berm got too wide and thy will come out with a front loaded and put the snow on dump trucks. The side streets rarely if ever see a plow. My son lives in town and he had to get 4 wheel drive vehicles to get of of their house.

Karl - Those trucks are really nice. I am drooling. I have a couple of the Mack trucks from Athearn and the detail is excellent. The problem is that they sell out so quickly.

Garry - Another fantastic photo. Thumb up.gif

Greg - Nice photo of the mine.

I did run trains for quite a while yesterday with the cold weather and I'll probably be back in the train room shortly.

Here's a rail picture for today.

2019197f8f2a7e33b7fe65b9f32cef23.jpg

Later

Started to lay out track, but then i realized that I first need to sort everything (again). Between the flooding, waterproofing and general shuffling, track is all boxed up with buildings, rolling stock, tools, supplies and locomotives. It's just as well; this is the first time I've really gone through it all, and it looks like I'm going to be having one hell of a sale before I'm done. Interesting thing is, this as much fun as running trains.

Just got back from a cardiologist appointment. Blood pressure is down, weight is down and my energy level has been way up the last several days. I wonder how much can be the result of that stent, back in November? Of course, the bad part of feeling better is finding out how out of shape you got to be while you were feeling bad. Despite feeling better, I still have to take it slow until i can build back up to it.

Afternoon All,
Did some chores then built the exterior shed. I modified it by putting sides on it and a full roof on top. I kept track of the hours I worked on the kit and it came out to 65 hours! Tomorrow I will take a full set of photos.

Garry- Nice layout shot.

Karl- Congrats on the haul. The trucks look great.

Terry- The planes and tug are also neat. Did you and Karl go to the same auction?

Louis- Nice photos.

Chet- Nice track photo. It's in the 80's all week here.

Beady- Good news from your doc.

20190219_133905-2016x980.jpg

20190219_134034-2016x980.jpg

20190219_142823-2016x980.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Started to lay out track, but then i realized that I first need to sort everything (again). Between the flooding, waterproofing and general shuffling, track is all boxed up with buildings, rolling stock, tools, supplies and locomotives. It's just as well; this is the first time I've really gone through it all, and it looks like I'm going to be having one hell of a sale before I'm done. Interesting thing is, this as much fun as running trains.

Just got back from a cardiologist appointment. Blood pressure is down, weight is down and my energy level has been way up the last several days. I wonder how much can be the result of that stent, back in November? Of course, the bad part of feeling better is finding out how out of shape you got to be while you were feeling bad. Despite feeling better, I still have to take it slow until i can build back up to it.

The important thing is that it is progress! :)

Curt, I got the tug about 18 years ago from a Texaco station in South Carolina. We stopped there for gas on the way back home from my father's funeral.
I got the planes three years ago as part of a train deal.

Photographer, Marty Bernard , posted this photo in CB&Q railfans in Facebook.

4960 was a 2-8-2 used by Burlington in the 1960’s for its numerous steam excursions. Another regular locomotive for those trips was 5632, a 4-8-4. I did ride on some of those trips.

4960 was purchased by Grand Canyon Railroad. It was then rebuilt to be used on their trips to the Grand Canyon.

Tom,

Referring to the N scale layout, anything with a lumberyard and a bunch of nice pine trees has got to be good!

thanks for posting
Our N scale group had a small layout.Some of the guys go to Springfield Mass. and add into the N track layout there.Our club has a show in April and both the HO and N scale have large layouts.That'll be some more nice pics.:)

Tom,

More great photos. Are you part of the N Scale group. I would love to have a club near me that had both. I did retain a few of my N Scale locos, and a few pieces of rolling stock just in case.
No I'm in HO. There is a few that do both in the club.It's nice having both but my eyes can't handle the small scale.

Today I had a root canal performed. Hopefully that ends the pain in my mouth I’ve had several days .

Chet, Curt , Boris, and any I missed ... thanks for commenting on my photos.

Curt ... Looks like more good progress with your project .

Tom ... Great layout photos .

Karl ... I like the 0-4-0 as well as the scene.

That storm that left such a trail of devastation a short while ago, after wandering around in the Pacific out by Noumea, did as feared, redevelop into a Cyclone, named Oma this time, and head back this way again. Currently it's approaching on a SW track just to the north at Cat2, having been at Cat3. The BoM is not expecting the eye to cross the coast, but to turn to the south. It's driving in heavy swells (Cyclones rotate clockwise) but no cloud our way yet, fact it's one of the clearest afternoons we've had, only one little wisp out to the west. A few more days, before we'll know for sure.

Good luck to you and yours. Our two countries have been pummeled by Mother Nature, this year. I wonder what pissed the old bitch off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back