Looking for RR&Co Traincontroller users

SMFaivre

I'm getting started on setting up RR&Co's Traincontroller Gold for my layout (block draft should be attached) and am looking for modelers who have experience with/are using that software.

Steve

Attachments

• RR Blocks-180908.jpg
    RR Blocks-180908.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 396
Is this a computer controlled system?
It's a software package that is designed to run signal systems and automatically control trains. Primary key to it is block detection. It interfaces with hardware systems like the Digitrax BDL168 for block detection and the SE8C for signal and turnout control.
It runs on a laptop and interfaces with the layout through a Loconet connection.

It's a software package that is designed to run signal systems and automatically control trains. Primary key to it is block detection. It interfaces with hardware systems like the Digitrax BDL168 for block detection and the SE8C for signal and turnout control.
It runs on a laptop and interfaces with the layout through a Loconet connection.

Great description. I'm using it to (or at least hoping to) for "hands free" running of multiple trains on programmed routes.

Steve

Great description. I'm using it to (or at least hoping to) for "hands free" running of multiple trains on programmed routes.

Steve
I thought it must be, especially after looking at your schematic. 90 blocks? That's be some flippin' of flippin' switches. Better use a laptop with an SSD.

As I understand it, European modelers prefer to program the whole layout so they can just sit back and watch it as a spectator rather than as an operator.

As I understand it, European modelers prefer to program the whole layout so they can just sit back and watch it as a spectator rather than as an operator.
Seems to be the "thing" there, doesn't it. Maybe because passenger trains are emphasised and therefore not so much freight. Some appear as though done in fast frame.

A late reaction, your layout probably already is fully automated by now!?

I did a series of articles and videos on Traincontroller, 55 video's available right now. I'll post a separate thread here on the forum, but here's the link already to where the series starts:

https://rudysmodelrailway.wordpress...controller-01-download-install-connect-to-cs/

This is great, Rudy!

I'm still in construction/implementation (never get the time I want on this stuff).

Looking forward to anything you can provide ...

Steve

Back