Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear so many problems with FedEx, I can't complain. My son-in-law works for GE healthcare, he has his parts delivered to my house several times a week, to avoid his porch package thieves. Most of his orders come from FedEx. We have had no problems, but that could be a benefit of living in a city in the northeast corridor.

Speaking of porch of package thieves. Delivering for Amazon it seems to me the worst areas are the high-dollar city neighborhoods that are surrounded by poverty. Many of these neighborhoods have porches only 6'-10' from the street. It's to easy to walk by and snatch packages.

Good morning Everybody!

More rain in southeast Baltimore, but it's a warm rain. The problem is many neighborhoods are saturated and we have flood warnings all over the Baltimore metro area.

One of the many reasons we bought this house is the rain drains off without flooding our yard, thank God. The record setting precipitation we have had this year has put it to the test! As always my basement is warm and dry.

This was from Mid-December, we have had a couple of more storm systems pass through since!
1545993072367.png

We are already over 70 inches so far this year and now we have another storm system passing through.

Ahh, the benefits of living in a Rural location! Both UPS and Fed Ex both deliver to my garage and I live 1/4 miles form my nearest neighbor. I have had my mailbox shot with a shot gun, hit with a baseball bat, clobbered by a wine bottles and the stand broken off by some punks out fooling around. Right now there is 8-10 inches of fluffy white new snow on my driveway, making getting to my mailbox extra strenuous. Plow guy should be here this AM.

Speaking of weather, we do have some and again am willing to share! Here is what we have: Temps: 7 above and that will be our high, as the temps sink towards 11 below tonight. Sky cover: overcast with snow and blowing snow. Winds: 22 mph from NNW. Barometer: Three Zero Point Zero Six. I have house banking snow now and will be working on that today and tomorrow. Highlight for today will be going to a funeral, if we can get out the driveway.

What fun do you have planed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruette, what is a Cowboy's Jersey? Most Cowboys heard beef cows and not Jersey's

Bruette, Not meaning to cause friction; however, I pay no attention to Football, even though I am from the land of the Minnesota Vikings! My better half and I want the Football season to end as soon as possible and find the preemption of shows on Sunday night due to Footbal to be a genuine pain in the butt. Other people from this state are true fans like from most other states; but, I am not! I feel I should end this discussion now before all the fan's get overly protective of what they may term as what "Makes America Great, Again"!

Bruette, Not meaning to cause friction; however, I pay no attention to Football, even though I am from the land of the Minnesota Vikings! My better half and I want the Football season to end as soon as possible and find the preemption of shows on Sunday night due to Footbal to be a genuine pain in the butt. Other people from this state are true fans like from most other states; but, I am not! I feel I should end this discussion now before all the fan's get overly protective of what they may term as what "Makes America Great, Again"!
Mark, if your remarks cause friction or offend anyone they need to see a therapist. because they are extremely over sensitive!

To each his own my friend. I am a big sports fan, baseball is my favorite, but football is a close second. You on the other hand are not a football fan. Nothing wrong with that. We are friends, not carbon copies of one another.

Last edited:
If I where to prefer a professional sport, it would be Baseball, also. Baseball is precision, foot ball is... I guess I don't know and don't care!

Yesterday I was delivering packages in the rural suburbs north of DC when this song came on the radio. It's not my usually style of music, I had never really listened to it. I think it's a good song.

"'Cause the simple man baby pays the thrills,
The bills and the pills that kill"

I finished the first pot of coffee, slow morning. Now I am going to take a nap.

Have a great day Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back