A Guide to 1920s era HO Scale Plastic Cars

What is interesting is that the Fowler 36 foot, wood outside braced, Box Cars, where still in use in the 1950s. I have several for my 1953 Transition era Northern Pacific Pike!

What is interesting is that the Fowler 36 foot, wood outside braced, Box Cars, where still in use in the 1950s. I have several for my 1953 Transition era Northern Pacific Pike!

Frisco ran their OB boxcars and their "double sheeted" still into the 60's, as well as hoppers and gons.

Frisco ran their OB boxcars and their "double sheeted" still into the 60's, as well as hoppers and gons.
I've seen photos of old OB Boxcars in service in 1971. Nice resource! I built a couple of the Red Caboose Reefer kits with the Overland herald and the proper black roof correct for the 20's. I have an Owl Mountain flatcar kit on the "to do" list (maybe over Christmas vacation). The Owl mountain products are quite nice and he makes some great detail parts. The Tangent tank cars are beautifully done, though a little pricey, at around $44.00 a pop (they don't do discounts either!). What's nice about them is as detailed as they are you can handle them without breaking anything, which is more than can be said for the earlier Red Caboose effort. They track well, and their weight is good. Thanks for sharing!

Back