Running Bear's October 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now 11:54 PM and the bottom of the 16th inning with the score 2=2!
My eyeballs feel like they are bleeding and the lids keep falling down.
"Say Goodnight Gracie"

"Beisbol been berry berry good to me" -
1540634348057.jpeg
Image: dallaspenn.com
Chico Escuela.

I know that is politically incorrect, but even a staunch democrat like me can have a sense of humor. I mean no offence to anyone.
For the record I don't care where a person was born, just come here legally!
America is the great melting pot. The more diverse the better!

God Bless us Everyone!

Fell asleep watching the ball game and woke up in time to see the last 2 innings. Great game!!
Thank God for the DVR. I won't have to miss a single pitch!
Go Dodgers!

Is that your new parcel delivery van?
Wouldn't that be great!!!

Speaking of that, my wife asked me "If we win the lottery will you quit Amazon?" my answer "hell no, it's too much fun!"
I enjoy delivering smiles :)
1540635221897.png

I will quit doing yard work, that is not as much fun.

LOUIS Here's how we hauled em 35 years ago. My co worker had the 2-6-2 Prairie and I got the tender. We "snuck" them out of the County fairgrounds and into the local SMVRR yard a mile away in Santa Maria, CA on a wet day to avoid folks angry that it was given to a group in Oregon. I hear its restoration was just completed a couple years ago.
Dave
View attachment 31369View attachment 31370
The pictures are cool, but I would not want to be anywhere near one of those loads!

read somewhere that Roberts was going to put his three best HR hitters in the lineup - I WONDER WHY HE DID NOT HAVE THEM IN THERE BEFORE?"

I know how you feel, one thing I always enjoy is watching those Red Sox lose!

The problem is those 3 hitters can't hit left handed pitching!

Tough time at the grocery store yesterday as many tasty things were on sale but I don't have room in the freezer for all of them. Brisket, spareribs, large fresh salmon fillets, bulk rib eyes, chuck roast to name a few. Went with spareribs and chuck roast since I still have rib eyes and salmon in the freezer.

I hate when that happens and yopu know me I seldom ever use the word "hate"

I have Split Chiken breasts and a beautiful pork roast in the refrigerators because the freezers are full!
I just can't pass up $0.99 - $0.89 per pound meats! I compulsively buy meat even more than toy trains!

The good news is my appetite has returned with a vengeance, I gained 5 lbs. :) in the last week. Guess what I'll be eating this weekend?

Louis - Most doctors automatically write prescriptions for brand name medications and you have to insist that he/she allow generics to be used instead. Surprisingly, many people do not trust generics although most are identical to the name brand ones. My mail-order pharmacy, Humana, will not fill a name brand prescription without calling me and getting permission first. When I refuse, they automatically contact the doctors office for authorization to use a generic instead. Holds down their costs and my co-pays as well.
10-20 cups of coffee a day! No wonder you're on the go so much.o_O

Willie, sometimes I wonder if we can trust anybody, even doctors! Ronald Regan was right "Trust, but verify"

Coffee has no noticeable affect on me. I can drink a 24oz coffee and take a nap or go to bed for the night and often do. The only time I refrain from coffee is immediately after surgery. I found that out the hard way.

Good Morning All. 53° and clear, supposed to get a little closer to normal temperatures today with 80° (average for 10-27 is 83°). About time! Things need to dry up around here. Fall is approaching though, the local snakes are really on the move to find winter quarters. My cats are fascinated with the smaller ones, but are quite "stand-offish" with anything larger than 2' or so. They compete with them for the local rodents. Resumed bathroom remodeling yesterday. Dealing with out of square walls and ceilings is no easy task. Thankfully my wife wants me to install "quarter-round" trim at the wall/ceiling junction. Then it won't look so amateurish.
Made progress in the train shed and ran a lot of trains. Dull coated a half dozen recently built freight cars and set a couple aside for weathering.

Joe - Progress is right!:confused: I also remember using a form 1040A! How are you faring with the weather? It seems that the system just parked itself over NJ and surrounding areas. People in small boats on the ocean are teasing Darwin anyway.
Sherrel - I lost interest in baseball sometime in the early 70's when girls and parties played a bigger part in my life. As a youngster in Brooklyn in the 50's, I got to see a few Dodger games before Walter moved west. I still don't think the old fans have forgiven him.
Nothing else going on -- just trying to lick my wounds from the recent market selloff!
Hope that you have a long tongue. I shudder when I look at what I lost this month (over five figures), but I am sitting tight right now.
Louis -
Coffee has no noticeable affect on me.
90 minutes; eight posts?o_O

Everybody have a wonderful day and a great weekend. Among other things, today is National Pit Bull Awareness Day. Well duh! I hope everyone is aware!

Good morning, y'all. 52° and very windy with rain. This occurs frequently in Jersey. The cloud never really leaves us for more than a few hours :rolleyes:. Leaves and branches are in free fall.

Ah, Timonium. Missing another this time. Just can't picture driving three hours to spend 90 minutes walking around, then three hours driving home.
Especially with the crosswinds on the bridges. Maybe in February, if it doesn't snow.

Brand name medication is a problem. The co-pays for my plan are going up considerably next year, as is the premium, but the plan, (Teamsters), does allow for medications that other plans won't cover. I regularly use one Brand Name for which there is no generic, and two low cost generics. My wife currently takes all generics, although one of those is quite pricey. Her major medication is administered by infusion, and paid directly by Medicare.

One other thing to keep in mind, the insurance carriers also lie. The reason that she is getting infusion, is that the Plan administrator told her .the brand name medication was $1K per dose when the formulary clearly states a co pay of $70 for a month's supply. The whole medical / drug thing is disgraceful. Can't trust any of the players.

Speaking of ways to part you from your money, the New Jersey Devils are installing a betting parlor inside the Prudential Center Arena, in Newark.
It will be open during all hockey games, Seaton Hall basketball games, and concerts. Gentlemen place your wagers. There's also one going in at the Meadowlands and one is open at Monmouth Park.

I normally don't disclose birthdays, but tomorrow, I turn 70. I guess that's an accomplishment.

Have a great weekend.

boris

Did get some more experimental time with the camera today, last Sunday's efforts weren't good, no sound got picked up through the waterproof case and trying to guess if pressing the "remote" buttons was having the desired effect was hit and mostly missed, Today I had it mounted in the open frame, was better on both counts. I'm still not getting enough exposure, being mostly semi dark and the sound is not picking up all that well on the built in mic. Will try the external plug in mic next time. The antishake seems reasonably effective, smooths out irregularities as I walk around with the train. Had a disaster at the end when trying to navigate "The tunnel of doom", one of the two under the spiral. One of the Dozer flats hit the floor. Minimal damage, far as I can tell luckily, one of the blades got knocked off the deck. Have now tried both 1080P's, 60fps and 30fps today, doesn't seem to be much difference in them. Will try the 4K again. I found angling the camera up a bit was a bit better for comfort, than straight up, but I do still have to hold it up to see what is on the screen, a bit small. Makes me wonder if just an ordinary, small, point and shoot, would be preferable. It's good in many ways to have one hand fairly free, mounting though would be more of a problem. Have to look for something that mounts to a tripod and adapt that

This one can have the looping turned off, which I have set it too, because by what the instruction seems to say, deletes and overwrites what is recorded if a time is set. In consequence there are breaks in the continuous video at the longest looping time you can give it (5mins) for a second. There are so many other settings for stuff that seems totally superflous in a ting camera like this, I need a photography theosaurus to find out what they are and what they might adjust. I came across some Polaroid inch Cube ones for twice the price I paid for this, all it had was 1 button on the top. Start recording, stop recording, that's it. Heaven.

Good morning .....

Evidently, we will have birthday cake in the Coffee Shop tomorrow for Boris. .... My sweet tooth is already vibrating with anticipation. ... Yum !

Curt and Boris .... Thanks for commenting about my photo.

Louis -

90 minutes; eight posts?o_O

What can I say, I've always been a "high motor" guy. :)

You should see my facebook page.

My eyes are wide open as soon as I wake up and I am ready to go at full speed.

Only thing is now full speed is not what I would like it to be. Seems more like a slow idle to me.

1540655515297.png

Boris, I know you remember these guys!

I use to listen to them on the radio with the man who raised me. Neither of us really understood hockey and I still don't. If there was no baseball, football, basketball or boxing on the radio we became Clippers fans. I can't for the life of me remember who the broadcasters were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back