Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe - Good to see you post. Take care of those "other considerations" first. Like Garry posted, I hope that they aren't bad.

Willie & Garry: The other considerations are not bad, just family business. As y'all have noticed, I have found a way to spend more time here in the forum. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Good morning. Summer had apparently come to an end out here. 48 degrees this morning with a high possibly hitting 60. Trees are turning colors and some have already shed their leaves. We should get up into the 70's over the weekend which will make it easier to get some outside work done to get ready for winter.

Terry - Glad to hear that you are on high ground. I have been watching the reports on the hurricane and wind speeds have dropped and from what is being reported is the water in the lower lying areas. Hope your trees make it through. Best of luck to you. by the way, y wife has put me into the grump old man category. I told her that I earned it because I have been practicing for a long time.

When I was in the Navy, we had visited Gulfport, Mississippi for the 4th of July weekend and enjoyed their fishing rodeo. Weeks Later, hurricane Camille hit Gulfport and our ship retuurned to help aid the area. We used the ships generators to provide power to what was left of the town and to support rescue workers. I could not believe the damage that had been done. The town was leveled and there was an 85 foot sea going tug over half a mile inland. A scene that I will never forget.

Joe - Nice to see you back in here again. Missed you.

Johnny - The building looks good. If I would have kept it, it would have just sat around in a box of things that I no longer need.

Willie - Looking forward to see what you have up for that plywood oasis. I really enjoy seeing your work. When it come to new vehicles, there are some things thatthe government mandated, but there are many other features that automakers are putting in as standard equipment. The touch screen is probably my biggest gripe. Unnecessary as far as I am concerned. Nothing but a distraction. I have driven a number of rentals with them and I find that I can accomplish something with a single button that can take numerous inputs into a touch screen to accomlish the same thing. I have heard that the governmant does not like many of these features. I don't stream music, don't need bluetooth as I turn my phone off while driving. I don't need the car to read me email. I had OnStar in my Buick, never needed it or used it so I never continued the service. All of these items just add to the cost of a new vehicle. Can't see paying for something that I don't want or need.

Gotta get out of here and get my things together to go over to the club this afternoon.

Here's a rail picture for today.

Gr7KpfW.jpg

Later

I had OnStar in my Buick, never needed it or used it so I never continued the service. All of these items just add to the cost of a new vehicle. Can't see paying for something that I don't want or need.

Chet: Not for nothing, I cancelled the OnStar in our Caddie several years ago, because the only useful service was the monthly diagnotic. They still automatically log on to monitor the car's performance numbers, even though I discontinued the serice, and the ten year old electronics is no longer really compatible with their current system..

FWIW, Ford's Sync system doesn't cost me a monthly fee, and syncs my own wireless phone to the truck's information system. It works anywhere that my phone works.

Boris

Okay, how about between the couch cushions?

OK .. That's where one was, but had to turn the couch over to dislodge it. Couch actually has a sewn piece that hides/hid several things which had gone missing!

Or down the side of the seat in the vehicles. From where they then slip under the seat or seat tracks.

Been there a couple times, but am going to look closer in the morning. I have one pair of pants that the pockets are not deep enough, or the pockets are cut too low. They are now history after the car keys slid out of my pocket when I sat down yesterday. If the knife "slid" out in the vehicle/s it will be there, but/unless my leg drug them out to the ground and I did not notice. If not there, I have given up - at least I got one of them back!

OK .. That's where one was, but had to turn the couch over to dislodge it. Couch actually has a sewn piece that hides/hid several things which had gone missing!

Been there a couple times, but am going to look closer in the morning. I have one pair of pants that the pockets are not deep enough, or the pockets are cut too low. They are now history after the car keys slid out of my pocket when I sat down yesterday. If the knife "slid" out in the vehicle/s it will be there, but/unless my leg drug them out to the ground and I did not notice. If not there, I have given up - at least I got one of them back!
I've had that happen with keys too, they usually seem to find there way under the sliding tracks, or into dips or pockets in the carpet. Take a torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back