Running Bear's Coffee Shop August 2018

PM? Who cares, wait a week and it will be somebody else.
Many are hoping that's so. I have a laugh (actually cry) when you blokes (guys) decry the price of petrol (gas). ( I had to stop for Bugs, one of my fav's to, only topped by Wil'e) I passed my local servo (gas station) this arvo (afternoon) and the price was $1.39/ltr. That's the low for the week, was at $1.55. Now there's 4 ltrs to a US Gallon, so that's $5.56 as a low, and $6.20 for a high. Feel sorry for us now?

Karl, did you see Halloween is already on sale in the stores?

Is it to early to think about Christmas? ;)

Santa will need this, among others, to pull his freight cars this Christmas!
1535630017549.png

Passenger service is no problem either; I can't find pictures of the cars, but I have a set of 4 of them!
1535629899677.png

1535629918842.png

Good morning everyone. 69 and partly cloudy. Beautiful weekend coming up.

Terry - Prayers continue all over this forum. Keep us posted.

Got to hurry - off-campus meeting today. Always nice to change venue, and the meeting chair provides lots of coffee!! Not so much to report from the train room - did some landscaping work and repainted the DPM walls after the green gooey-kablooie two days ago. Do need to take some current pics and post them.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. A more pleasant 73° and clear skies. High is still going back up to 98° later today. Mowed the "back 40" yesterday after giving the tractor/mower a much needed day of rest. Looks like the part that I mowed Sunday is ready again, but the grocery/beer trek is today.
Out in the train shed yesterday, I didn't do anything of note. Continued on the "odds & ends" mode that I have been on for a few days. Cleaned some stuff, sanded some fascia, painted some people and detail parts, ran trains, installed a couple more ground throws and other miscellaneous stuff.

Johnny - I still have a scar on my hand from a stubborn paint bottle and a pair of Channellocks. I salvaged the paint into an empty Testors solvent bottle, now it has it's own brush.
Chet - I like the mini-scene around #301.
Dave - Nice progress on the train room. Congratulations on 45 years; we celebrate 46 in eleven more days.
Terry - Continued thoughts and prayers for your wife and you. It does seem that each tidbit of progress is indeed progress.
Louis -
We are a goofy bunch, and Donald Trump is putting our stupidity on display for all the world to see!
I assume that you are referring to our legislators who voted against the tax cuts?

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning. 49 degrees to start the day with a high near 80 this afternoon.

Terry- Prayers that your wife can improve. Getting off the vent is a bit of good news. We all hope that she can keep getting better. Please keep us posted.

Truckdad - Nice work on the room. moving to the point where you can finally get a layout going.

Toot - I hope that I was some help on the fiber optics. I enjoyed working with them. They can be a bit expensive, but they can deliver some good results. I wouldn't know an SD70ACe if it ran me over. Thanks for posting the numbers. I'll keep an eye out for them.

The Walthers order arrived yesterday with the detail parts I needed for my F-9 project. All have been put on the shell and a few touch ups have to be completed before a final coat of Dull Coat is applied. Came out good. I'll post a photo when it's done. A problem had come up with the chassis. It ran fine with a basic decoder, but when the Digitrax decoder was installed, there was some problems with the sound and than came the feared melt down. The decoder died. I was told that they will replace it at no charge. The shell will be ready for it when it get here.

Time to get my "stuff"ready for the club and get some lunch.

Here's a rail picture for today.

a4e02685d42d85247f852049e02c40f7.jpg

Later

Good evening. The doctor came by, and said they were moving her back to a room this evening.
He also said, if she behaves herself, she may be home by Sunday.
Dialysis class two weeks after that.

That's good to hear, Terry.
I have a cousin down South who has astounded everyone - he has been on Dialysis for FIVE years. I forget the frequency, but seems like pretty often.
Maybe you guys can get things better under control - I sore hope so.

Back