Running Bear's Coffee Shop June 2018

Boris- you have the bennys(which tells me you're like Ocean/Monmouth County) & shoobies; up here, we have the FIBS with their summer homes/hunting cabins up in the Northwoods.

Good morning guys. I'm in Cas Grabde, AZ having b'fast at a Denny's.
Lots of rain on this trip, especially from Lirdsburg, NM to Benson, AZ. Goodlord, I thought I was going to drown in some of that stuff. It was the kind of rain that cars pull off the road to wait it out. I'm not looking through a windsheild though so I can keep on moving.
Sherrel, I'm still on track to be at your house Monday morning, about 8am.

KEN D&J .. Thanks for the warning - I should be here barring any HOA related arrest!
Just talked to a pool contractor working 100 yards down the street from me .. He got a violation notice from the HOA on his construction trailer (been there all week) and asked me what the hell he was supposed to do about it? I told him that I thought it is about time for a "hit" on the Manager's Office! I must have missed something ... there has been folks with RV's, trailers, and other things - not for lonnnnng periods of time, but for several days, and as far as I know there has been no uproar over it?
You have my permission to bring some of that water here with you?

Ken D&J ... Wishing you continued safe travels. I think you had a typo for your breakfast location. I think you meant Casa Grande. We have a daughter living there with her husband. Also, you mentioned Benson, and it is near there where Union Pacific had dozens of locomotives stored when we were there in February.

Ken D&J ... Wishing you continued safe travels. I think you had a typo for your breakfast location. I think you meant Casa Grande. We have a daughter living there with her husband. Also, you mentioned Benson, and it is near there where Union Pacific had dozens of locomotives stored when we were there in February.
Yes, you're right. Hadn't had the morning coffee yet. I usually check my posts before sending. Can't believe I messed it up that bad.
Yeah, Benson, AZ. The UP has miles of track out in the desert there. I didn't look for it though as I was just tryin to get through the rain.

Boris- what type of "ocean-related" warnings is Uncle Phil transmitting? Riptides or are Moose & Squirrel leaving "surprises" in the surf & driving up bacteria counts? Where "down the Shore" are Boris & Natasha hiding out from the Shoobies?
Mike: The surprises and related bacteria were last weekends issue, from Deal to about Brielle. This week we have riptides, excess heat and air quality to enhance your beach experience, along with a possible state shutdown come tomorrow. o_O:eek:. We remain in hiding in Howell on weekends to avoid the BENNYs, but slip over to Belmar during the week. Natasha prefers Sea Girt, but Belmar has discounted seasonal tags for seniors. :rolleyes: Next week should be either Jellyfish or the Red Tide.
Curt: The finished product looks great! I agree that wooden structures look better than styrene. Have a Reading Co Standard Tower to test my skills on, when I get to it. I really like the lighting effects.
Garry: Looks like he's mad you woke him. You could have at least offered him breakfast.

BTW: Oldest son, and the 6 - 6 Cavalry
6-6 Patch.png
returned from Korea early this morning.

Boris

Mike: The surprises and related bacteria were last weekends issue, from Deal to about Brielle. This week we have riptides, excess heat and air quality to enhance your beach experience, along with a possible state shutdown come tomorrow. o_O:eek:. We remain in hiding in Howell on weekends to avoid the BENNYs, but slip over to Belmar during the week. Natasha prefers Sea Girt, but Belmar has discounted seasonal tags for seniors. :rolleyes: Next week should be either Jellyfish or the Red Tide.
Curt: The finished product looks great! I agree that wooden structures look better than styrene. Have a Reading Co Standard Tower to test my skills on, when I get to it. I really like the lighting effects.
Garry: Looks like he's mad you woke him. You could have at least offered him breakfast.

BTW: Oldest son, and the 6 - 6 Cavalry View attachment 28851returned from Korea early this morning.

Boris
Boris- thank your son for his service & welcome home.

Yes, you're right. Hadn't had the morning coffee yet. I usually check my posts before sending. Can't believe I messed it up that bad.
Yeah, Benson, AZ. The UP has miles of track out in the desert there. I didn't look for it though as I was just tryin to get through the rain.

Ken ... We may have eaten at the same Denny's in Casa Grande. The one we were at had a hotel behind it. ... Enjoy visiting with Sherrel

Curt .... Your freight house building is fabulous.

Boris .... Ditto what Mike just said. Thank your son for serving.

Regarding the fox..... Apparently, there are several nearby. I saw 4 at once on our road a few weeks ago. Also, a week or so ago I had to clean some poop of then unknown origin off of the deck. I have found chewed up animal parts on our property such as the remains of a goose leg. We used to have too many geese, but now there are none of them. The chipmunk problem has gone away also. Some of our neighbors have chicken coop, and sometimes a fox will get one of their chickens.

Good morning. It's sunny and 62 where we are.

Speaking of foxes, does anybody know the difference between a dog and a fox?

Back