Hi. Would like to point out that MHinLA and MarkInLA are one and the same..

M

MarkInLA

I'll try to remedy this ASAP. I prefer MarkInLA..Some kooky reason the both exist..I'm sure I caused it back in [was it ?] January.. I quit another forum a few days ago after some 10-12 years..I Forgot I joined this one as I'd no "MRF" logo in my bookmarks bar until this past wednesday...Now I do have the yellow RXR-crossing sign up there and have deleted the prior forum's logo..Thanks, MH

I'll try to remedy this ASAP. I prefer MarkInLA..Some kooky reason the both exist..I'm sure I caused it back in [was it ?] January.. I quit another forum a few days ago after some 10-12 years..I Forgot I joined this one as I'd no "MRF" logo in my bookmarks bar until this past wednesday...Now I do have the yellow RXR-crossing sign up there and have deleted the prior forum's logo..Thanks, MH
Which user ID do you want to keep?

TERRY -- He said in his statement: MarkinLA.
Thanks!
Just making sure. Once you merge, you can't go back.
I just tried to merge the accounts, and it looks like it's above my pay grade. We'll need to get Bob involved in order to make it happen.
The most expedient way to do that is to click the "contact us" link, and request the user names be merged.

Last edited:
Gents, thanks much for the replies... I'm not sure what is meant by 'merge'.. Never heard of that.. I have resigned from prior website/forum. I wish to just belong to MRF... And yes, I prefer MarkInLA....Both types are present when logging in.. I believe now that when I choose one, it goes onto the thread this way. So, it looks like I need to do nothing except click it at login, and delete other (If I can) .. Mark

Just making sure. Once you merge, you can't go back.
I just tried to merge the accounts, and it looks like it's above my pay grade. We'll need to get Bob involved in order to make it happen.
The most expedient way to do that is to click the "contact us" link, and request the user names be merged.
Is your pay grade above or below our forum membership fee?

>;;;;;;;;;,;;;,;;;;;; Well, since it's social security, I guess that makes it below membership fee !!! ;;;,;;;,;;;;,;;;;;;,,;;;<

Last edited by a moderator:
Right ! That thing that sometimes happens where MarkInLA is misconstrued as being: Marklin, the German trains. [How do you enter an umlaut ?] ) !

Märklin - Do you mean like this? Two ways at least, this I copied and pasted, but keyboard shortcuts exist.
Alt132 is ä
Alt148 is ö
Go here for more.

£. Hmm, that could be useful when I might refer to our old currency. That was done by just highlighting the symbol with the left mouse button (right button menu didn't provide a copy option) and Ctrl-C and then pasting Ctrl-V to here. Will put that list on a shortcut.

Oh! I thought it was someone deciding which German HO brand to buy.
Toots ! Just got your drift today, going back over some conversations.. Though I still don't know how to get an umlaut typed, you're referring to the German HO model trains with the middle rail, not rail, but studs in the center of its metal 'roadbed' that the loco's sprung shoe rides on and of course makes them AC, like the Lionel O scale system. IE. Maerklin. (I forget the spelling, but sumpin' like dat.)..I've had a number of people over years seriously mispronounce my ID that way..It is Mark in L.A. except I use a capital ' i ' = ' I ' .. I realize that to some it does look like an ' L' . So, mea culpa. Change it to MarkinLA ?.... Nahhh.......
MarkInLA.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really, really want to know, it's pronounced Mare-Cleen.
Yes, I got a German pronunciation course from a German club member (now departed) on the finer nuances of that name when I said I'd had an 8 X 4 for my kids, back in the 70's. Didn't really help me to pronounce it any better.

Back