Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce - glad to see you here, MOH just told me about this new shingles vaccine called Shingrix they got in at the place where she works; I immediately thought about you when she mentioned it! It's suppose to be a lot better than what they've been using up to now - 90% effective -vs- 50% for Zostavax. I've already had Zostavax but I'm definitely gonna get the Shingrix treatment too.

Nice TRACK photo, BOB!

Thanks, that's from my day job. We scratch build everything, all hand laid track and turnouts. Also, not matter what we build, it's "accurate to the prototype". I've struck up a facebook friendship with Tim Warris of Fast Tracks. They make turnout templates, and I keep razzing him about not having anything in my scale. ;)

I'm on the engineering and quality control end of things, way too old to be pounding spikes, but I do get out there and work with the crews on a regular basis.

Afternoon All,

Ran a bunch of errands today so no train time. I'm not sure what's happening tomorrow.

Louis- Good to hear from you.

Ken- I'm here to tell you your priorities are all wrong picking life over MRR'ing!:pLOL.

Sherrel- Great picture. The pooches look happy to be outside. If you drive around J-ville you need to plan it around rush hours or it's a nightmare.

Willie- Great pics of you and Sherrel and your layout.

Chet- Neat rail picture.

Garry- We all enjoy reading except youngest grandson. We make him sit down and "read" while he's at our house but it's more staring at the book than reading.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon. Warmed up nicely with plenty of sunshine.

Bruce - Nice to see you checking in.

Louis - You too.

Sherrel - Was looking at the weather radar earlier today, I think you might need a boat.

Bob - I have had a few instances where I had a photo come up double posted. I just went into "edit" and removed one.

Did get the winter tires changed over to summer tires plus they did have an inner tube for my little tractor tire. While at the tire shop I did get to do some train watching. Missed a couple because I didn't hear the crossing gate bells, but did get this grain train. It was loooong.

The front.

20180426_083147.jpg

The rear

20180426_083314.jpg

Getting bored. Have to stick around for a while yet to answer phones that are't ringing. Watching train videos and now the old TV series, "Highway Patrol" with Broderick Crawford. Set right in the era I'm modeling. Like the old vehicles.
Later

Last edited:
Thanks, that's from my day job. We scratch build everything, all hand laid track and turnouts. Also, not matter what we build, it's "accurate to the prototype". I've struck up a facebook friendship with Tim Warris of Fast Tracks. They make turnout templates, and I keep razzing him about not having anything in my scale. ;)

I'm on the engineering and quality control end of things, way too old to be pounding spikes, but I do get out there and work with the crews on a regular basis.

That's Really funny about Fast Tracks ... and exciting that you are able to get out and "run with the wolfves" too!
I really should be more active with the OERM than I am. Maybe I will now that my health seems more on the mend?

Sherrel - Was looking at the weather radar earlier today, I think you might need a boat.

Getting bored. Have to stick around for a while yet to answer phones that are't ringing. Watching train videos and now the old TV series, "Highway Patrol" with Broderick Crawford. Set right in the era I'm modeling. Like the old vehicles.
Later

Damn near thought I was gonna drown! Soaked to the bone! I think the hardest was right when I was disconnecting and trying to hold the storage doors open with one hand to put stuff away.
It was east of Atlanta before we ran out of the rain - and not really sure, but I thinkit is following us!

Next you will be telling us that you are watching Kojac!

Lied your club photos, Chet

I thought the forum had closed down?
Location -- You guessed it .. another Walmart parking lot with a beautiful State Park VERY close, but didn't feel like going there after stocking up on a few things.
Crossed the Broad River at Columbia, SC ..a bridge too far .. ANYBODY WANT TO BUY AN RV - LOL ... We'll fly home!
Should arrive daughters home 5=6 hours ... it's a big Country!
Guaranteed we will take our time heading back!

Good morning everyone. 47 and clear, heading for 68 and sun all day!! Woo hoo!!! Weekend is looking great, but it means more outdoor time and less time in the train room, unfortunately, for a while.

Sherrel - thanks for the travel updates.
Chet - you have one of the Broderick Crawford police cars in your layout?

Absolutely nothin' to tell you from the train room. We had a Board banquet last night after work, so got home late with just time to do some mowing outside. Went down to the train room, looked at the layout, and said, "I'm tired," and went back upstairs. :confused:

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 55°. Slowly warming up to the mid 80's by Sunday and on through Thursday. Terry's right about a slow night last night. We went 14 hours without a visitor to the Coffee Shop, Sherrel must have passed gas.
The grocery trek went well yesterday, but with my wife aboard we made additional stops, gas and Lowes which were on the list to begin with, the wine store, Braum's for milk for her coffee, library, submarine sandwich shop and some cosmetics store. While at the grocery store, I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in 25 years; he had moved out of town and eventually came back. Came home and mowed for an hour on the upper elevations that had dried enough to support the tractor's weight. More of that today. I will spend part of this morning picking veggies from the garden. Looks like lettuce, spinach and beets today, peas by the beginning of next week. Who knows about asparagus, they just appear and grow 6" overnight.
Not a lot of time in the train shed yesterday. Added a bit of ground foam to the current project area prior to field grass and underbrush which is next. I also ran some trains which I hadn't done since Sherrel's visit Monday. The new workbench has been absolutely clean for over a week, so I set up my figure-painting supplies so that I can paint some hobos and whatever else comes along. I have quite a view from the window in front of the workbench. Not only can I see the back of the house and the backyard, but I also have a view of both of the roads that pass the estate as well as the beautiful (for now) wheat field across to the south. To the east I can also see my neighbors, the cows.

Chet - You can set up a picnic table under that tree now. No! I am not keeping secrets regarding the layout, I just forget to post pictures and then forget that I have them. Here's a couple of a laser-cut kit that I built and "planted" about two years ago. If I remember correctly, it's a JL Innovative kit called "Saw Pit Store". I know that the gas pump is a little antiquated, but they still actually existed in some rural parts of Texas until the early 70's. A little modeler's license here!
03-24-16 004.JPG

03-24-16 007.JPG

03-24-16 008.JPG

Here's another of a bookstore (remember them!) made from a DPM kit "Robert's Dry Goods".
03-24-16 014.JPG

To the left behind the bus, is a Smalltown USA kit named "Parcel Delivery Service", that I am still unsure of how it will be utilized. I still have to make a sign for the bookstore.

Bruce - Good to hear from you again. Keep us up to date on your progress.
Sherrel - Continue to have a safe trip.

Regarding Justin. If I recall, he always posted using Tapatalk or something like that. Is it possible that it doesn't work any more?

Everybody have a great day, and a great weekend.

Willie

Good morning. 37 degrees with a high expected in the mid 70's with plenty of sun.

Willie - Thanks for posting the photos. Nice work.

Johnny - It just happens that I do have a Broderick Crawford police car on the layout. It is for the California Highway Patrol, but it is so small, I can't make it out with a magnifier.

Sherrel - Wal-Mart again huh? The price is right, but no hook ups. I do have more club photos to post on the club. All I have to do is find them.

Tonight is the final night of bowling for the league championship. I do enjoy the league, but it is nice to take the summer off. Tomorrow is the swap meet in Livingston. I am going to try to get over there around 7 AM. Going to be a long day.

Here's a rail photo for today.

2019197f8f2a7e33b7fe65b9f32cef23.jpg

Later

Regarding Justin. If I recall, he always posted using Tapatalk or something like that. Is it possible that it doesn't work any more?

Tapatalk does not work any more. The new software is completely optimized for mobile devices, with tablet and phone support built in. The pages and menus scale to fit the device you're using. Eliminating any third party software does two things. 1) It makes the user experience more consistent, things work the same way no matter how you access the website. 2) It reduces the risk of hacking and spammers. A lot of our spam came from Tapatalk, as registration in that app bypassed some of the security features in the registration module.

Justin should be able to access the forum using whatever device he normally uses. Hopefully somebody can check in with him.

Good Morning, Happy Friday! 52° and Raining. I have been a tad busy of late, which explains my absence from the forums of late. I will catch up later.

I did complete another hopper, and a background structure.

B&O 823673 04-26-2018.jpg

Have a good weekend!

Good morning ..... The rain ended yesterday thankfully. ...... Nice weather expected today.

Dustin .... Where are you? ... I did not keep your contact info.

Joe ..... The hopper looks very nice.....

Willie .... The Saw Pit Store looks great along with the garage next to it... Also, the downtown book store looks good.

Chet .... Nice photos of the BNSF train ... and also the photo of the day..

Sherrel .... Uh oh .... Your thinking of selling the RV? .... Too many Walmart parking lots ? .....

Here are my Genesis GP7's ... #251 came with factory equipped Tsunami sound.... #210 was DC. This week I installed Tsunami sound in it. I still have to adjust the CV's. This DCC installation was much more difficult than I anticipated.

41689971432_2e8f35b150_b.jpg

Afternoon All,

Did some small grocery shopping to get meat and stuff for the boys when they're here this weekend. The boys have about a month left in the current school year. I haven't heard anything specific but I have a feeling they'll be here more than not during the summer.

Chet- Nice 1:1 train photos and rail photo.

Willie- Very nice modeling. You must not be as clumsy as I am. I would have destroyed the Mobilgas sign right on the edge of the layout. I started installing thin pieces of plywood screwed into the fascia that stands vertical to protect my signals. I frequently get scratched by them but it protects the expensive signals that I would otherwise tear up.

Joe- Another really nice hopper. Like the others I love reading your RR stories that you share with us.

Garry- Really nice looking Geep's.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Joe - Nice work on the hopper. Looking fine.
Thumb up.gif

Garry - Like the Geeps. I don't have to worry about CV's, what ever they are.

Got to get all of the items going up for sale together before rolling off for the championships tonight.

Later

Hi gang!
Just checking in, yes I'm still alive, just been busier than a 1 legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Garry, you know I love that Chinese red.

I.B. Ken. I see Murphy visited you, glad you kicked him to the curb.

Willie Nice filling station. Mighty close to the edge, I guess the mailman has a helichopper?

Sherrel While you are at Walmart so much, maybe you could become a roving greeter for them? ;)

Does anyone want to help me re-lay some flooring the paint all the bedrooms so I can get back to my trains?? Guys? Oh Guys,,,,now where did you all go??:rolleyes:

Good evening. Still cloudy and damp although they are promising mild and sun the next couple of days.
Thanks to all who complemented my attempts at building a coal train. I have five more to complete this pike size coal train. ;).

Garry: Those Genesis Geeps look great. What caused you to have problems installing the decoder? (I have more than a couple Genesis Geeps that may need decoders sooner than later).

Willie: Nice store and fillin' station.

Sherrel: You're going to get a reputation for being a Walmart stalker...:rolleyes:

For something different, and remotely rail related, the St. Lawrence Seaway is open!
Bulk Carrier on St Lawrence 4-27-2018.jpg

This one is riding on ballast, on the St. Lawrence River at Alexandria Bay, NY, going for a load. Sure sign of Spring!

Morning from Sneeds Ferry, NC!
Arrived about 2pm yesterday afternoon - tired to say the least. Spousal Unit is in "hog heaven" with the almost,in one month, 5 and 3 YO boys!
I am very impressed with the AL, GA. and SC rest stops. Puppies like them too!
Carolina Dog finally gets to meet a Carolina Turtle!

Attachments

• dog meete turtle 02 (Large).jpg
    dog meete turtle 02 (Large).jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 234
  • dog meets turtle 01 (Large).jpg
    dog meets turtle 01 (Large).jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Dog meets turtle 03 (Large).jpg
    Dog meets turtle 03 (Large).jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.