Powered Trucks?

Does anyone know if there are any "Powered Trucks" suitable and available for Micro Trains Pullman Heavy Weight Passenger Cars?

Why do you need them? Are you running steam and steep grades? If you’re using diesel, how many units and are they all powered?

I've never seen a powered truck that ran worth a darn. Either full power or stopped. No slow speed, smooth acceleration/slow down capability, but then I guess some folks don't mind that.

Thanks everyone but Jerry (welcome back sir) hit the nail on the head. I just need/would like them so I can put lighting in my Pullman passenger cars and not have to use battery lighting.

Reactions: bob
Ohhhh, for lighting. NWSL has quite a few types of passenger trucks pre wired for that. You might also consider a keep alive system to eliminate flicker.

Oh, thought you meant power as in propulsion. Yeah, that’s a lot easier.

Thanks guys,

I'll take a look at the NWSL site for some. I know Kato has powered trucks but the MT cars use "off center" trucks and from memory, Kato don't have any of that type.

Just spoke with a guy from NWSL and all they have are the wheels/axle sets, which are great I might add; however, I was hoping for powered trucks complete that I could simply change out with the stock trucks and connect interior lighting to. In other words, trucks that were already wired for power for lighting.

Toot'n,

Thanks mate but have already sent that mob 4 emails over the past two weeks without a single response from them. If they can't be bothered answering potential customers requests for information, well frankly, they don't deserve my business or money.

Ohhhh, for lighting. NWSL has quite a few types of passenger trucks pre wired for that. You might also consider a keep alive system to eliminate flicker.

Ken,

I contacted NWSL and they told me all they had were wheel sets. When I explained what I wanted, pre wired trucks, the guy told me that no one makes them!

Now I don't know if he understood what I was saying BUT.....

As a result of that conversation, and so far being unable to get the powered (pre wired) trucks, I'm probably going to be stuck with those Rapido things. Something is better than nothing though I guess.

Back