Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry - You must have been visiting with Murphy and got distracted from opening the new shop. Thanks, a cup of black coffee with a bear claw please.

Going back to the previous coffee shop it's funny y'all mentioned the Chessie GP35. I didn't even think about but I actually pulled my Athearn GP35 out of the box and have been running it. It's been a great workhorse. I need to upgrade her couplers though. Those Athearn ones are junk!

Justin

Good Morning Everyone....slight overcast today. Arm chair computer model railroading until the second eye is repaired. Bummer!

Finally, found a small digital clock that I'll mount on my main control panel. I never know what time it is in the layout room. My first clock last six months.

Realized that I have an old railroad lantern in the garage collecting dusk, when it should be in a safe place in the train or bar room.

Short and sweet...off to lunch.

That's all for now.

Greg

##############

Woman in front of me at Sheetz: Can I have a quarter strength, decaf, soy cappuccino, with less foam, no chocolate dusting, two marshmallows on the side, six sugars, and can I have it heated to eighty degrees, please?

Me: Large, black to go.

Afternoon All,

Well we went to 3 grocery stores today (sales) then met a friend for lunch at a local cheese steak shop and then came home. Still have to go to Wally World tomorrow before I get my haircut. I'm sure we are watching the boys Sat. and Sun. Both of them got into trouble at their schools (different) yesterday. Both issues were pretty bad so I don't know what restrictions they will be on. MOH asked me to wait until after our cruise to start ordering for the freight house. The cruise is 3/17-3/22 and is a extended family event (school spring break).

Johnny- I am with you. That was the main reason I bit the bullet and changed my layout from a large rectangle with 2 pop ups to a folded dog bone I could walk into. Now almost everything can be done from the outer edges.

Willie- I used to grill like that but for some reason I don't anymore.

Justin- I'm sure we all have been there. I'm glad it was an easy fix.

Sam- You sound like me with coffee.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Howdy ...

Here is an image of the UP locomotives stored in the desert east of Tucson..... This is one of several images on the web of these stored locomotives. There is a drone video of all of them. End-to-end they are reported to be about 3.5 miles. .... I saw a few between hills while driving on I-10.

40519253012_dc0e3f9d9a_z.jpg

MAN! I thought the old place was gonna implode? The stock market has!

Sherrel ..... Investors don't like tariffs, and the President talked about that today. Tariffs are not a free market solution to any problem. Protective tariffs played a role in causing the Great Depression of the 1930's.

Willie - meant to tell you the other day, thanks for the link to the Walthers ladder. I may get that and use it on the firehouse and a couple of other structures.

Woman in front of me at Sheetz: Can I have a quarter strength, decaf, soy cappuccino, with less foam, no chocolate dusting, two marshmallows on the side, six sugars, and can I have it heated to eighty degrees, please?

When I hear someone in front of me ordering like that, I just turn and leave. Ya just know they're gonna have some more special treatment requests beyond that, i.e. Lucky Lotto tickets, a special pack of cigarettes that the cashier will have to go get from somewhere else. Then after it's all assembled and rung up, then they start digging through their purse for the clutch, then they dig through that to find their wallet, then they sort through the credit and debit cards for the right one, then they need to dig back through their purse to find the little book with their pin to the debit card, then they change their mind and want to get rid of the loose change they have in all their pockets and wallet, then they come up short on the change and dig for their wallet that they just put back in their purse to get a $20 bill out of, then they want it all double bagged, then they need to gather all their stuff off the counter top and put it all back in the wallet, clutch and purse, then they can't find their wad of keys for the car......

When I hear someone in front of me ordering like that, I just turn and leave. Ya just know they're gonna have some more special treatment requests beyond that, i.e. Lucky Lotto tickets, a special pack of cigarettes that the cashier will have to go get from somewhere else. Then after it's all assembled and rung up, then they start digging through their purse for the clutch, then they dig through that to find their wallet, then they sort through the credit and debit cards for the right one, then they need to dig back through their purse to find the little book with their pin to the debit card, then they change their mind and want to get rid of the loose change they have in all their pockets and wallet, then they come up short on the change and dig for their wallet that they just put back in their purse to get a $20 bill out of, then they want it all double bagged, then they need to gather all their stuff off the counter top and put it all back in the wallet, clutch and purse, then they can't find their wad of keys for the car......

That's why I rarely go to Starbucks - I just brew my own!!!

Ken: No way am I leaving with out the joe. I would stand there until I got it even if a gunfight broke out at the checkout. First cup in a must. Besides, the brew I want is in the big urn and self serve.

Ken D&H, Your description was spot on - no one could have said it better! Ever since they won't let me enter with my sidearm ... I will never darken the door of a Starbuck's again! My own personal boycott - and even the Spousal Unit agrees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back