Peco Turnouts

Just purchase a Peco SL-E95 Medium Radius Electrofrog Turnout. Because the track has not been ballasted and was not glued down I could have used any size turnout.

This thread can end at this point!

Mark,

Where did you buy that Peco SL-E95 turnout?

Last edited by a moderator:
Think he mentioned it was Code 100 earlier. If your after Peco track or turnouts try Hatton's in the UK - much cheaper than here in the US even with the currency exchange. Delivery will be between 3 to 5 days with DHL and from memory I think it is a flat $17 for that shipping.

Think he mentioned it was Code 100 earlier. If your after Peco track or turnouts try Hatton's in the UK - much cheaper than here in the US even with the currency exchange. Delivery will be between 3 to 5 days with DHL and from memory I think it is a flat $17 for that shipping.

Tony,

Thanks for the referral. Hatton's - sounds like a men's haberdasher! ;) The cheapest price for Peco code 83 #5 turnouts I've found so far is $24.75, offered by a U.S. eBay seller. Can Hatton's top that? I'm about to go exploring....

When I bought my N Scale turnouts they were $25 or $26 at Klein's, the cheapest I found. Hatton's had them for $17. I am going to assume that their HO Peco will be around the same price.

Just took a look at the Hatton's site and it appears they don't deal with HO something I wasn't aware of as I play with N Scale sorry. With that being said, try other UK stores. Peco is going to be much cheaper from the UK as it is made in the UK, so long as you can get decent shipping. As said, from Hatton's shipping was a flat $17. I can't say about other stores but would think it would be similar or the same.

Tony,

You model in N scale, don't you? I model HO. I see that Hatton's sells only O, OO and N scale stuff. And, it lists only two Peco items at most in any scale! I see, however, that the Peco site lists its OO/HO track in a single category. Is there a difference between OO and HO? Or are they compatible? :confused:

When I bought my N Scale turnouts they were $25 or $26 at Klein's, the cheapest I found. Hatton's had them for $17. I am going to assume that their HO Peco will be around the same price.

Just took a look at the Hatton's site and it appears they don't deal with HO something I wasn't aware of as I play with N Scale sorry. With that being said, try other UK stores. Peco is going to be much cheaper from the UK as it is made in the UK, so long as you can get decent shipping. As said, from Hatton's shipping was a flat $17. I can't say about other stores but would think it would be similar or the same.

Okey-dokey! Back to the Peo site to do a county search or, better, still ask Peco directly for a UK HO dealer!

Okay, apparently OO and HO are the same in terms of the distance between the rails. In other words OO and HO engines will run on both.

The main difference seems to be the scale, OO is 1/76th while HO is 1/87th. How that would effect compatibility I can't say. If the distance between the rails is the same, then you could possibly adapt one to the other. Would be a good question to ask in a separate thread to get a positive response.

Okay, apparently OO and HO are the same in terms of the distance between the rails. In other words OO and HO engines will run on both.

The main difference seems to be the scale, OO is 1/76th while HO is 1/87th. How that would effect compatibility I can't say. If the distance between the rails is the same, then you could possibly adapt one to the other. Would be a good question to ask in a separate thread to get a positive response.

Tony,

I have already posed that very same question to Peco. I should hear back tomorrow and will let you know what they say. But, if OO and HO are indeed the same gauge, that would seem to make sense. The only other track factors, then, would be code and type of metal used to make the tracks. However, my local hobby shop guru told me recently that there can be a manufacturer's difference in the width of a rail's base, the part that slips between the plastic molded-on spikes on Atlas tracks and turnouts, for example. I learned that after buying a Central Valley Model turnout kit I may build.

By the way, that eBay seller with the code 83 Peco turnouts at $24.75 each also offers free shipping, $17 less than jumping the puddle from Mother England. And, for me, that's only one state away!

Thanks Mark, it will be interesting to see if they can be used together. As for the shipping, I guess that depends on how many turnouts you need. If only one or two then your ebay guy would be better for you. When I bought my stuff, I bought 2 boxes of flex and 19 turnouts, so it was a no brainer for me to go to the UK.

Mark,

Where did you buy that Peco SL-E95 turnout?

The SL-E95 I did mention was actually an SL-95 turnout. I don't know how; or, why I changed it to an SL-E95. The turnout was purchased off of Ebay from EpressHobby.

Thanks Mark, it will be interesting to see if they can be used together. As for the shipping, I guess that depends on how many turnouts you need. If only one or two then your ebay guy would be better for you. When I bought my stuff, I bought 2 boxes of flex and 19 turnouts, so it was a no brainer for me to go to the UK.

Tony,

Back to multi-surfing again?! :eek: Who's Mark....?

Ohh I'm mark by the way ... well may as well be seein as how everyone else round here is named Mark!

Remember this (part of only):

[FONT=&amp]Fourth Bruce: Gentleman, I'd like to introduce man from Pommeyland who is joinin' us this year in the philosophy department at the University of Walamaloo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Everybruce: G'day![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Michael: Hello.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fourth Bruce: Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]First Bruce: Is your name not Bruce?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Michael: No, it's Michael.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Second Bruce: That's going to cause a little confusion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Third Bruce: Mind if we call you 'Bruce' to keep it clear?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Love Monty Python! Just exchange Bruce for Mark :)[/FONT]

Bruce is my favorite name for guys named Bruce! I understand that Bruce is an expert at Peco Track Nomenclature! So, Bruce, what is the difference between a SL-E95 and SL-95 Turnout? Crandell/Selector, this was another lame attempt at humor!

Ohh I'm mark by the way ... well may as well be seein as how everyone else round here is named Mark!

Remember this (part of only):

[FONT=&amp]Fourth Bruce: Gentleman, I'd like to introduce man from Pommeyland who is joinin' us this year in the philosophy department at the University of Walamaloo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Everybruce: G'day![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Michael: Hello.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fourth Bruce: Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]First Bruce: Is your name not Bruce?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Michael: No, it's Michael.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Second Bruce: That's going to cause a little confusion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Third Bruce: Mind if we call you 'Bruce' to keep it clear?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Love Monty Python! Just exchange Bruce for Mark :)[/FONT]

A masterpiece!

Bruce is my favorite name for guys named Bruce! I understand that Bruce is an expert at Peco Track Nomenclature! So, Bruce, what is the difference between a SL-E95 and SL-95 Turnout? Crandell/Selector, this was another lame attempt at humor!

Well Bruce ... unless I am completely wrong, I would suspect that it may very well be the "E"!

Bruce/Mark Who ever the hell you are, I grew up with Monty Python and think I have seen, heard and or read everything that they did. Theirs was real humor - good clean, sometimes subtle, but always very funny.

Back