Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIX

Good chilly morning. Starting off at Minus 13. Glad that we had some cloud cover or it could have gotten colder. We did get up to 6 above yesterday afternoon.

Eric - Glad that you finally made it home. Hope you're a bit more comfortable there.

Louis - You sure were lucky thet you were able to put a quick fix on the water heater. We take hot water for granted until we don't have it.

Willie - It sounds like you're moving ahead pretty well on your extension project. Sure hate it when you think you have all of the materials you need and it turns up that you don't. Had similar problems when we were doing our home renovations. Ten miles one way to a hardware store and than you hope that they have what you need.

Bruce - You shouldn't be peeking, but it does sound like you'll have some pretty nice projects ahead of you.

Curt - Nice photo of the work train, but a bit fuzzy.

Later

Good Morning ...... Coffee, please.

Curt and Ken (MD) ..... I do not like Curt's proposal of placing a station between tracks like that because, there is no place for people to drive up to the station in cars of places for Railway Express trucks etc. ..... I defiantly like Ken's idea of an extension on the side of the layout to accommodate passenger trains. .... I assume passenger trains are running on the main line and stop long enough for people to get on and off the train. I also assume the trains will not be parked at the station for more time than is needed for that.

Eric .... Glad you are home again. We continue to encourage you as you defeat the monster.

New Guy .... You said 12 years ago you lost your Dad. .. I know losing our parents is hard. We never get over it.

A neighbor and friend here had multiple bi-pass heart surgery yesterday. As of this morning, he is doing as well as can be expected.

The lack of response to my Detroit joke suggests people did not read it, did not get it, or did not like it. Sorry.

I was at my model train friend's house yesterday and we worked on his layout and also on two of my locomotives.

Have a nice Thursday, everybody.

The lack of response to my Detroit joke suggests people did not read it, did not get it, or did not like it. Sorry.
Actually I read it and liked it quite well, just forgot to comment. I have one about the Pearly Gates that Phil sent me a few weeks back, but it is probably too political for the forum.

Willie

Sherrel, a thermocouple is a decice that generates electrical voltage when heated. This means it is ideal to use as a flame sensor, with a lack of voltage meaning there is no flame, and the gas flow would be reduced or shut off entirely.

Morning fellers
First back home and what did i do but nothing less than step on my IV line then stand up a pull the right out of my chest access port!! Can scream an ou!!!!!
That was around 0230. Of corse I wasn't so lucky to pull it all the way out. I pulled it loose and got it sidways.so, i took it out myself. Nurse already came by to install a new one.
It's all good news for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Morning fellers
First back home and what did i do but nothing less than step on my IV line then stand up a pull the right out of my chest access port!! Can scream an ou!!!!!
That was around 0230. Of corse I wasn't so lucky to pull it all the way out. I pulled it loose and got it sidways.so, i took it out myself. Nurse already came by to install a new one.

That hurts like hell just thinking about it.

That hurts like hell just thinking about it.

It wasn't too terrible bad. Look how the needle bent. In this pic the needle length is about the diameter of a quarter.the dam sure hurt going in -I promise! They stay in place up to 10 (ten) days.
IMG_0304.JPG

Afternoon All,

Cleaned house earlier. I was up in the train room looking and thinking and decided to cut off the freight house end of the passenger terminal. Regardless of where it ends up, it will be significantly shorter. The terminal will be strictly for passengers. The freight terminal has been cut off and the extra walls will be used to close up the open end. I will probably do that tomorrow.

Garry, Sauced07, Ken, Sherrel- Thank you all for your thoughts. All your reasoning is spot on. I have not decided what to do yet. I see several layout staring sessions in my near future.

Louis- You sound as busy as a one armed paper hanger. Nice looking car.

NG- You have my condolences.

Johnny- I use a toothpick. I bought a metal decoupler from Micro-Mark awhile back but it doesn't work any better.

Garry- Well wishes for your friend. I did read your joke, but I thought it was just telling us what we already know about big cities.

Eric- I hope you catch a break soon.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I did not mean to jump the gun! I was in search of birdseed for the doves and I'm sticking to that, she of course tells me nothing including where not to go! LOL!

Thanks, about my Dad, it never gets any better, just sometimes a little worse. I was very lucky!

OW, OY and WTF????? Oh MAN!!! Take it EASY E! YEEESH! The HECK are ya tryin ta DO?

Good afternoon. It's cloudy and 46 here.
In case y'all missed it, John Glenn passed on today at the age of 95.

I'm back. Still in one piece. Golly, ERIC! we are just going to have to put you in a straight jacket for you own safety! I know a little of what you are going through. My daughter, Stacy, who passed away back in September, had a feeding tube inserted into her stomach for a little longer than one year right after she was born. Wife and I had to change it on a weekly basis - it had a small balloon that held it in place which had to be inflated/deflated each time it was changed. I always dreaded even helping to change it. Not only was I scared of screwing it up, but the smell of the digestive fluids was not very nice.

Garry. Sorry, I thought it was funny, but in all honestly, I had heard it quite a while ago. Don't give up on us .. It's a busy time of year. BTW .. Congrats on your recent procedure .. Think I failed to mention that as we'll.

Here's one that made me Spit my coffee!

This guy brings his best golf buddy home, unannounced, for dinner at 6:30, after enjoying a day of golf. His wife screams her head off while his friend sits open mouthed and listens to the tirade.

"My hair and makeup are not done, the house is a f****** mess, and the dishes aren't done. I’m completely exhausted! I didn’t get enough sleep last night. Can't you see I'm still in my f****** pajamas?? I can't be bothered with cooking tonight! Why the f*** did you bring him home without letting me know ahead of time, you stupid idiot?"

“Because he’s thinking of getting married."

Morning fellers

Reminds me of when I got sent home after prostate surgery with a urinary catheter still installed. The very first morning I learned the hard way to always make sure I knew where the tube was before standing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Good evening from the phone so excuse me for any misspelled words.

Eric - ouch. You probably uttered some colorful words when that happened.

The wife got the day off today because her car wouldn't start this morning. The cold didn't do the original battery any good. Picked one up and did some more outdoor wrench twisting at our high temp for the day at 4 above. Even simple tasks are a pain in the cold. The car started right up and now I am jockeying with the dogs for a spot in front of the stove.

Later

Found a quote from an unknown source on a post to MRH magazine. Think it should be stickied at the top of the forums home page

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

Found a quote from an unknown source on a post to MRH magazine. Think it should be stickied at the top of the forums home page

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

Toot - I know the guy who originated that line, he was a patron of the Coffee Shop on the Model Railroader forum when I used to hang out there during 2004-2005, username was SilverFox or something like that. It was his signature line. Great guy, haven't communicated with him in over 10 years...

Chet - Based on what you said, I guess it's easy to figure out why your state is so sparsely populated! I having difficulty enough dealing with the wind chills hitting my state at the moment...

Made a huge amount of progress on my F7 headlight upgrade project since I borrowed my friend's hole puncher. Also shot a few photos, but I have to wait until tomorrow to post them because its way beyond my bedtime and I'm up at 0530. Goodnite!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys!

Just realised that I haven't been here for a wee while, thought that I'd better show face, so that you don't think that I've forgotten about yous....
Same old Milwaukee Road obsessed fanatic....have added a couple more books and I've also started to collect slides, think that I've got 22 so far (yip, 22....had to check!) with a handful on their way, mostly Milwaukee Road (of course!), but also Delaware & Hudson, Norfolk & Western, Lehigh Valley, Western Maryland, think that I'll stick to my favourite railroads, well....at least try anyway!
If I remember correctly, I think there's a couple from Iron Mountain in Michigan and I've got a nice one of Milwaukee Road's engine house in Green Bay, with Geeps, FM's and F's....
Hope for a scanner from Santa for Christmas....!

Hope that you're all doing well and are looking forward to the festive season....Christmas, with family and friends!

Chet, Curt, Sherrel and anyone I missed, thanks for your comments :) As Eeyor would say, "thanks for noticing me" I watch far too many kids shows, even one I don't like!

We lost some great ones recently

John Glenn, a true American Hero; Astronaut, defender of our democracy and our American way of life. And so much more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJFdudBNUw

Greg Lake, just an artist, but he inspired and touched many people with his music.
Here are a couple of my favorites
A product of the Regan years; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXJ9j753-I I bought this album when it came out because I loved this song, but it was the only one I liked! No Amazon music to sample before buying back than. Hard Rock or No Rock! Many in my generation thought "WTF, we are all going to die anyway"

A very different Christmas song; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXCEdrnaFlY I love all kinds of Christmas music.

Like everyday, I am sure we lost many other great people who's names most of us will never know, but God knows them all.

That's it for my time.

Have a great day Everybody!

Back