Favorite Train movie

I'd have to say, 'Emperor of the North', but there were also a couple of others from years back but I don't remember there names.

The Great Locomotive Chase, The Train, Runaway Train (with Jon Voight!) that I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

I am not much of a movie watcher nor am I good at remembering titles, but my favorite (that I can remember) was an 80's or early 90's film that involved the train going through dark territory and such (hopefully someone will fill in the huge gap I left).

Not to offend anyone but my absolute least favorite (actually it should be HATE!) movie is Unstoppable. It was just waaaaay to far fetched with retarded risks taken. I know that is just Hollywood but SERIOUSLY!!! If you are going to put two locos infront of the runaway to slow it down put somone on the rear of them to jump on the runaway loco once the connection is made. Not fly someone in on a helicopter. There were many other instances that made me PO in the movie but I can't think of them. Even for today's low standard in Hollywood this movie reaked! I didn't mean to offend anyone, just had to vent. Sorry:(

Now to show my age but how about the" denver and rio Grande" , near the end of the movie the headon steam engine crash...huge explosion.

The Great Locomotive Chase, The Train, Runaway Train (with Jon Voight!) that I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.
icon_smile_sign_ditto.gif

Same here.

I am not much of a movie watcher nor am I good at remembering titles, but my favorite (that I can remember) was an 80's or early 90's film that involved the train going through dark territory and such (hopefully someone will fill in the huge gap I left).

Not to offend anyone but my absolute least favorite (actually it should be HATE!) movie is Unstoppable. It was just waaaaay to far fetched with retarded risks taken. I know that is just Hollywood but SERIOUSLY!!! If you are going to put two locos infront of the runaway to slow it down put somone on the rear of them to jump on the runaway loco once the connection is made. Not fly someone in on a helicopter. There were many other instances that made me PO in the movie but I can't think of them. Even for today's low standard in Hollywood this movie reaked! I didn't mean to offend anyone, just had to vent. Sorry:(

I haven't seen the movie yet, though plan to just because it exists, but I have to agree. Typically I can't stand watching a story about people being stupid. I get enough of that in the real world. How about someone creates movies where people are spectacular? Not in an artificial way, but a real, down to Earth, intelligent, thought provoking way. Starting with a more reasonable / believable method for getting the train rolling without an engineer on board (I've seen that part ...).

Stories where there is some huge compounding of issues to create one catastrophic situation just rub me the wrong way. And the same stories typically have some outlandish and impractical method for resolving the issue.

I'll probably bash this some more after I've watched it. But I bet it has some great scenery :D Much like the sailing movie "Wind". Terrible story, spectacular cinematography.
________
DEPAKOTE PREGNANCY

Last edited by a moderator:
Now to show my age but how about the" denver and rio Grande" , near the end of the movie the headon steam engine crash...huge explosion.

Do you have anymore info on this movie? can it be had still?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
mine were "Ticket to Tomahawk" which was filmed on the Rio Grande Southern and the Durango and Silverton Branch of the D & RGW , and Von Ryans Express.

a tie between Silver Streak (which i watched just the other day) and the Taking of Pelham 123 (original, not the remake).

Back