Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer 03-13-2018, 03:42 PM Go to last post

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: otiscnj 03-14-2018, 11:47 PM Go to last post

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Watch out for flying coffee cups.

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr Today, 01:18 PM Go to last post

Membership in the NMRA verses the Number of Model Railroaders in the U.S.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I know, it's: "Ask not what the NMRA can do for you; but, rather what you can do for the NMRA"! However, I have been seeking numbers on the membership of the NMRA verses the population of Model Railroaders in the U.S. I have been told that membership in the NMRA is around 17,500 people and that...

Last Post By: NP2626 03-15-2018, 04:07 AM Go to last post

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Thread Starter: beiland

While researching this subject recently, of 'excessive size flangeways' in commercially available turnouts, I was finding lots of really interesting discussions scattered about the internet and multiple railroad forums. I was running out of bookmarks to try and recall all of them. That prompted me...

Last Post By: beiland 03-15-2018, 07:20 AM Go to last post

CMX Track Cleaning Car

Thread Starter: GNMT76

What's been your experience and level of satisfaction with the CMX brass track cleaning car? What solvents have you used and which one seems to work best? The manufacturer suggests lacquer thinner. Comments on the effectiveness of the weight of this car (about a pound) - and the point(s) of...

Last Post By: wombat457 Today, 12:05 AM Go to last post