• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: KB02 Today, 04:49 PM Go to last post
    armyairforce

'1943, Somewhere in England', N scale Monster Layout

Thread Starter: armyairforce

Since getting back into railroading in 2005, I built three N scale layouts for myself. 'Dreamland' was the first on a 6 x 2ft board. 'Area 51' was next with a similar but enlarged track plan on an 8 x 2ft 6in board, both of which operated diesels. My last layout was 'Storage Depot 41, Kingman'...

Last Post By: armyairforce Today, 08:51 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Thread Starter: santafewillie

Here's the new place, sit down and enjoy. Willie

Last Post By: montanan Today, 05:49 PM Go to last post
    Alan Curtis

Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Thread Starter: Alan Curtis

New switching layout underway. All track is laid and ready for wiring of slide switches which both control turnouts and provide power to frogs. Some structures are being reused from previous layouts but more are needed, either kitbuilt or scratchbuilt/kitbashed. The AW is freelance, but set in...

Last Post By: Alan Curtis 05-28-2016, 02:37 PM Go to last post
    Greg from Mi.

post your model RR tips........

Thread Starter: Greg from Mi.

How about everyone posting some free or low price things you use on your RR. I'll start with a few of mine: Take tin foil and cut into about 4"x4" and roll it into a ball then use pliers and keep pinching until its a square. you can paint with rust color paint and fill a gondola car. Looks just...

Last Post By: SunsetLimited Yesterday, 11:03 AM Go to last post
    Genetk44

Pan Pastels Review

Thread Starter: Genetk44

Pan Pastels One of the things I really enjoy about model railroading is testing my abilities and testing myself. I keep seeing modellers on various forums saying they are afraid to try this or that for fear of either damaging or ruining something or just failing at it. I decided early on in my...

Last Post By: Chevron_GATX 05-28-2016, 02:56 PM Go to last post