• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer Today, 02:43 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman 02-05-2016, 07:10 AM Go to last post
    grove den

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Thread Starter: grove den

How to make shrubs I am aware of the fact that this may be the 20st version of how to make shrubs.I'll start with this item because I can do some experiences for the "bigger"item:How to make pine/decudious trees. Ingrdients:Fibres from filters they use in gardenpondequipments to clean/clear up...

Last Post By: new guy Today, 08:51 AM Go to last post
    Lynnb

My new Layout

Thread Starter: Lynnb

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site although not so new to this great hobby. I model in HO scale in the steam era 20's. I'll start by posting my track plan which was designed in xtrackcad. This is layout number 6 for me and probably my last. I do most of my modeling in the winter months when...

Last Post By: Lynnb 02-05-2016, 08:37 AM Go to last post
    Alan Curtis

Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Thread Starter: Alan Curtis

New switching layout underway. All track is laid and ready for wiring of slide switches which both control turnouts and provide power to frogs. Some structures are being reused from previous layouts but more are needed, either kitbuilt or scratchbuilt/kitbashed. The AW is freelance, but set in...

Last Post By: Alan Curtis Yesterday, 04:42 PM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LX

Thread Starter: santafewillie

I guess Terry's sleeping in this morning, so I'll open the door of the new place. Willie

Last Post By: bnsf971 Today, 07:17 PM Go to last post