Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: Edsland Yesterday, 06:44 PM Go to last post

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Watch out for flying coffee cups.

Last Post By: Raincoat2 Today, 05:52 AM Go to last post

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Yankeedave23 03-21-2018, 06:36 AM Go to last post

Membership in the NMRA verses the Number of Model Railroaders in the U.S.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I know, it's: "Ask not what the NMRA can do for you; but, rather what you can do for the NMRA"! However, I have been seeking numbers on the membership of the NMRA verses the population of Model Railroaders in the U.S. I have been told that membership in the NMRA is around 17,500 people and that...

Last Post By: NP2626 Yesterday, 02:28 AM Go to last post

Peco Turnouts

Thread Starter: NP2626

I want to replace an Atlas "Snap Switch" with a Peco #4 Turnout, However, when looking at Peco's inventory, I noticed that Peco's terminology does not give the frog angle, they use terms such as: Small Radius, Medium Radius and Large Radius. Also, I assume that because I prefer powered frogs, I...

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr 03-21-2018, 08:41 AM Go to last post

Started My Railroad

Thread Starter: timewellspent

The last time I posted was on my introductory thread where I explained my decision process and plan forward. Here is that original thread. I have stuck to my plan and have started...

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr 03-19-2018, 07:24 AM Go to last post