• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer Today, 04:42 PM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Thread Starter: santafewillie

Same place, new version. Don't know where Terry is this morning, so I'll open for him. Willie

Last Post By: Flip Today, 07:47 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: santafewillie Today, 02:13 PM Go to last post
    Alan Curtis

Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Thread Starter: Alan Curtis

New switching layout underway. All track is laid and ready for wiring of slide switches which both control turnouts and provide power to frogs. Some structures are being reused from previous layouts but more are needed, either kitbuilt or scratchbuilt/kitbashed. The AW is freelance, but set in...

Last Post By: Alan Curtis 04-29-2016, 11:57 AM Go to last post
    Ericsauto

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Thread Starter: Ericsauto

As suggested I started a new thread from "A sad day for my Central Midland Layout" Thanks for the suggestion.;)

Last Post By: Ericsauto 04-28-2016, 10:14 AM Go to last post
    gjohnston

Help Me Plan My Layout

Thread Starter: gjohnston

Hi All, I am new to the hobby. I bought a second hand layout last December, the Atlas plan of the Great Eastern Trunk Railway. I got hooked and decided to build a real Rail Road in the basement. It is currently unfinished but not for long. The drywall and other materials were purchased...

Last Post By: gjohnston Yesterday, 07:29 PM Go to last post