Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: Railrunner130 Yesterday, 04:35 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman 04-23-2017, 12:51 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Grab a cup and a seat.

Last Post By: Raincoat2 Today, 05:16 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Model Railroading in the 50s and 60s.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Along with my posts about: How many articles John Allen wrote in Model Railroader, Did you build a layout when you were a kid, Sentimental Journey: DC power Packs, Upgrading old freight Equipment, etc... I think I have shown that I enjoy taking looks back to what was available, how things where...

Last Post By: NP2626 Yesterday, 05:25 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Information for just starting out in the hobby!

Thread Starter: NP2626

All of us started out at some point. Starting is maybe the hardest point for everyone, you have little information to go on and are contemplating building a Model Railroad! What scale should you chose? What should be your minimum radius? What era should you model? The list goes on and on. ...

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr Yesterday, 07:59 AM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

N-scale Kato Unitrack + Unitram layout: Small-build layout progress thread.

Thread Starter: Chevron_GATX

I finally decided to go N-scale! After wracking my brain as to where to construct a layout, I just went into the garage and measured my Home Depot-built workbench cabinets. It runs most of the width of the garage, but the total area of the countertops measures only 20" x 12'. Though, I figure I can...

Last Post By: Chevron_GATX 04-20-2017, 10:23 PM Go to last post