• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer 04-26-2015, 01:43 PM Go to last post
    Bill Tidler Jr.

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIX

Thread Starter: Bill Tidler Jr.

WELCOME TO THE NEW PLACE! Good Morning! Chance of rain with a high of 45.

Last Post By: bnsf971 Yesterday, 06:32 PM Go to last post
    armyairforce

'1943, Somewhere in England', N scale Monster Layout

Thread Starter: armyairforce

Since getting back into railroading in 2005, I built three N scale layouts for myself. 'Dreamland' was the first on a 6 x 2ft board. 'Area 51' was next with a similar but enlarged track plan on an 8 x 2ft 6in board, both of which operated diesels. My last layout was 'Storage Depot 41, Kingman'...

Last Post By: armyairforce 04-24-2015, 09:33 AM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman Yesterday, 11:24 AM Go to last post
    Mixy

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Thread Starter: Mixy

Hello dear friends, I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and test from http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html. It has lightweight and intuitive user interface, 3D view, more than 25 track-system libraries and many other cool functions and...

Last Post By: OldGuyHO 04-23-2015, 03:39 PM Go to last post
    Jody

im new here

Thread Starter: Jody

hi guys thank you for letting me join i was into the hobby back in the 70's but work and street rods and surfing led me away now that i am retired id like to get back in it but wow what big changes ive seen i have no idea if i should go DC or DCC and now that i am on a fixed income i need to take...

Last Post By: rodney mcgiveron Yesterday, 04:59 PM Go to last post