• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: Bushel86 Today, 04:32 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIX

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new coffee shop. Grab a cup, I think there are danish around somewhere...

Last Post By: 2869ral Today, 07:38 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

My Northern Pacific Butte Montana Layout.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I will show photos; but, am not in a place where I can do that at present. My layout is essentially a three times around loop. The main line is 152 feet in length and there are 4 passing sidings. The layout begins in a staging yard and ends at the same staging yard, only coming in from the other...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 09:39 AM Go to last post
    Will landers

G-A-P Jr. Railroad

Thread Starter: Will landers

I'm starting a new thread because me and my son are honoring our friend and great modeler himself Larry Creel. Since 90 percent of what's on the layout is from Larry we thought that it would be nothing better than carry on the GAP line.not as big won't be as good but still freelance and make it how...

Last Post By: Will landers Yesterday, 08:58 AM Go to last post
    CMMR

Building The CMMR

Thread Starter: CMMR

Over the winter I finalized the track plan for the CMMR (Central Manitoba Model Railroad). It is designed around a basement bedroom that became available when our youngest daughter moved out. Here is the plan that I designed with help from forum members in Mixy's great FREE software SCARM: ...

Last Post By: montanan 11-28-2016, 06:53 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Model train layouts: Diesel VS Steam

Thread Starter: NP2626

The only thing I can use, to form my opinion, is what I see in videos. I supposed that the steam engine not having been around for almost 60 years might have something to do with this. However, it sure seems to me that diesel has surpassed steam, as the choice of modelers. Manufacturers produce...

Last Post By: tootnkumin 11-28-2016, 02:20 PM Go to last post