Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

D&J RailRoad

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

Thread Starter: D&J RailRoad

I started this thread in the Introduction section, but decided it really should be over here. I hope you can follow along as I start this major project from a blank basement setting to a fully sceniced model railroad with a southwestern look and UP/BNSF motive power. This is the start of a large...

Last Post By: D&J RailRoad Today, 11:46 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXX

Thread Starter: bnsf971

Okay, this is the new place. Try not to splash coffee on the walls until the paint dries... Well, try not to get coffee on the walls at all....

Last Post By: BigE Today, 11:05 AM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Jon_pdx Yesterday, 12:23 AM Go to last post
    Ericsauto

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Thread Starter: Ericsauto

As suggested I started a new thread from "A sad day for my Central Midland Layout" Thanks for the suggestion.;)

Last Post By: Ericsauto Yesterday, 11:11 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: wombat457 Today, 10:38 AM Go to last post
    autocoach

New HO US 1950's-60's Vehicles from Oxford Diecast for 2017

Thread Starter: autocoach

Yesterday Oxford announced their 2017 program including a few additional HO US cars. Not overly expensive and usually available at very well stocked hobby stores or from larger online merchants. No guarantee when new items will be available. http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-87 I...

Last Post By: Sirfoldalot 12-10-2017, 05:23 PM Go to last post
  • About the "Home" Page

This page will eventually be the landing page for the entire website.

Currently it's still under construction, so we're directing folks to the Forum page, which will also be the most familiar page for our existing members.

This page will features news, information, new posts and photo gallery images.

At the moment it has some generic categories and sections that came with the software, so there's some weird sections like "cooking" and "travel". They'll go away before too long, but at the moment our first priority is getting the forum back online and running smoothly.
  • Recent Forum Posts

D&J RailRoad

Yes, I'll be adding the lift out section to access the center of the pit. That will be made using the blue foam board, screen and plaster.

D&J RailRoad Today, 11:46 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Buying on Ebay.

Mark,

Nope because I have never bought anything from or through evilbay or any other similar internet setup.

You asked

wombat457 Today, 11:43 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Buying on Ebay.

Tony, While I understand where you and Willie are coming from, I don't have the same opinion of Evilbay (as you guys call it). As far as having to have

NP2626 Today, 11:30 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Why the huge fluctuation in participation here at the Model Railroad Forums?

I agree with Mark, the amount of actual participation by members fluctuates a lot. When I first joined, you couldn't keep up with the number of posts

wombat457 Today, 11:30 AM Go to last post
    BigE

Did you see the pics of it I posted last night?
    You'd like this gun. Being brand new it's tight.
    While searching for an spring cap, I found

BigE Today, 11:05 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Buying on Ebay.

Mark,

I have never bought anything off of evilbay, and never will for the precise reason you mentioned ... how products are misrepresented

wombat457 Today, 11:04 AM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

Why the huge fluctuation in participation here at the Model Railroad Forums?

This forum was my "starter" forum when I re-entered the hobby in 2016. I had a lot of help from regular forum contributors like @bnsf971, @montanan,

Chevron_GATX Today, 10:56 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Lipstick On a Pig: Upgrading a Bachmann Sound-Value GP7

Ken,

Great job on the engine!

wombat457 Today, 10:48 AM Go to last post
    new guy

.45's are the shizzle, pure AMERICANA. I'm partial to wheel guns myself but I DO need a 1911 "just because" they are so damned COOL! When I

new guy Today, 10:43 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Been almost a month since adding anything here, so thought I would just let those interested that the layout is still an ongoing project and hasn't been

wombat457 Today, 10:38 AM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

Buying on Ebay.

I've purchased about 50% of my locos and rolling stock, plus a ton of used structures off eBay. Prices for NOS items were a bit less or about the same

Chevron_GATX Today, 10:37 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Ken,

It is good to see you back at work on the layout. The Intermodal Yard expansion will be great to watch come together and watching how

wombat457 Today, 10:32 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles