BigE

Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Thread Starter: BigE

oopsy daisy!!

Last Post By: rhoward Today, 08:07 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: beiland 10-15-2017, 09:23 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: wombat457 Today, 11:38 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Freight Car Kit Or Scratch Build Contest.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Here is a contest to show our freight, non-revenue and passenger car building skills. The rules are: The car must be built from scratch; or, a kit. No Ready to Run cars are allowed! This is being done with the express purpose of promoting building models, as opposed to purchasing RTR. The...

Last Post By: rlundy90 Today, 09:25 PM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

N-scale Kato Unitrack + Unitram layout: Small-build layout progress thread.

Thread Starter: Chevron_GATX

I finally decided to go N-scale! After wracking my brain as to where to construct a layout, I just went into the garage and measured my Home Depot-built workbench cabinets. It runs most of the width of the garage, but the total area of the countertops measures only 20" x 12'. Though, I figure I can...

Last Post By: TexasAndy 10-16-2017, 03:52 AM Go to last post
    TexasAndy

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

Thread Starter: TexasAndy

I placed an order early Monday morning and they still have not shipped it...what gives??? This is pretty unusual for them but I find there are complaints of this all over the web now. Anyone else had issues recently?

Last Post By: wombat457 Yesterday, 03:48 PM Go to last post
  • About the "Home" Page

This page will eventually be the landing page for the entire website.

Currently it's still under construction, so we're directing folks to the Forum page, which will also be the most familiar page for our existing members.

This page will features news, information, new posts and photo gallery images.

At the moment it has some generic categories and sections that came with the software, so there's some weird sections like "cooking" and "travel". They'll go away before too long, but at the moment our first priority is getting the forum back online and running smoothly.
  • Recent Forum Posts

wombat457

Nah, not weird just perceptive - comes with the territory

Speaking of 2 wheels, just had mine over hauled with new Andrews cam, SS Carby,

wombat457 Today, 11:38 PM Go to last post
    Lynnb

The main thing is to get the bench work up and concentrate on mainline and the rest will come , don't rush, let your imagination take over . There will

Lynnb Today, 11:23 PM Go to last post
    Lynnb

us two wheel guys are weird that way.

Lynnb Today, 11:20 PM Go to last post
    fleetsailor1981

Question about a set of switches on B&LE

On page 62 of Roy Beaver's book The Bessemer and Lake Erie Railroad 1869-1969 he has a photo off a set (13) switches but doesn't say anything about where

fleetsailor1981 Today, 09:55 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Don't get "crossed"....

I tried something similar in the 80's, however with only a single gate-I think it was a Tyco or Model Power unit. My idea was to use pressure switches

otiscnj Today, 09:48 PM Go to last post
    rlundy90

Freight Car Kit Or Scratch Build Contest.

Nice work on those models guys. Here's an On30 kit from Boulder Valley Models, built on an HO Bachmann 45 tonner.

rlundy90 Today, 09:25 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

LIONEL's -HO FREEDOM TRAIN

Yep, that was the trip, and the spot was at Port Morris, NJ, at the eastern end of what used to be the Lackawanna's NJ Cutoff. As I recall, Jim Boyd

otiscnj Today, 09:22 PM Go to last post
    dave1905

How to construct a fun operating yard

Sorry, terminology confusion. A "railyard" or "yard" is a place where you switch or store cars. An "engine terminal"

dave1905 Today, 09:22 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

Not sure what Terry has done (or not done) that makes him a threat to a layout or, rather, an operating session, but I will keep it mind none the less.

wombat457 Today, 09:19 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

What For You Is The Most Enjoyable Part of Model railroading?

Probably would say:

Track planning
    painting
    running when things work well.

otiscnj Today, 09:16 PM Go to last post
    Iron Horseman

Zero Gauge?

Outside third rail no less. How lazy is our speech that it degenerated into O-gauge.

Iron Horseman Today, 08:47 PM Go to last post
    Iron Horseman

Digitrax found

No, any 15VAC

Iron Horseman Today, 08:28 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles