Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Try to behave, all y'all remember what happened the last time...

Last Post By: Sirfoldalot Today, 07:39 AM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Hawkesburytrain 02-21-2018, 08:41 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: wombat457 02-21-2018, 09:16 AM Go to last post
    tomstockton

The decline in the number of model railroaders?

Thread Starter: tomstockton

In a different thread, but still here in the General Discussion group, there is a thread discussing the varying amount of participation on this (and other) forums. But "hidden" in that is something I've never considered, and it ties into the header of this thread: "The decline in the number of...

Last Post By: NP2626 Yesterday, 04:28 AM Go to last post
    Lester Perry

Lets do it again Favorite photo

Thread Starter: Lester Perry

You have to be the photographer. That is the rules.

Last Post By: Olie Today, 12:50 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Thread Starter: beiland

While researching this subject recently, of 'excessive size flangeways' in commercially available turnouts, I was finding lots of really interesting discussions scattered about the internet and multiple railroad forums. I was running out of bookmarks to try and recall all of them. That prompted me...

Last Post By: beiland 02-21-2018, 06:23 PM Go to last post
  • About the "Home" Page

This page will eventually be the landing page for the entire website.

Currently it's still under construction, so we're directing folks to the Forum page, which will also be the most familiar page for our existing members.

This page will features news, information, new posts and photo gallery images.

At the moment it has some generic categories and sections that came with the software, so there's some weird sections like "cooking" and "travel". They'll go away before too long, but at the moment our first priority is getting the forum back online and running smoothly.
  • Recent Forum Posts

wombat457

Seams in Masonite Wall Panels

Hmm, if your concerned about moisture getting into or behind the masonite I wouldn't put drywall directly over it as the moisture will/may permeate through

wombat457 Today, 08:34 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Criticism towards fellow model railroaders.

For some reason I still can't get those comments to display but no matter, obviously from the other comments what was said was not called for and those

wombat457 Today, 07:47 AM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

25 as we speak - 62 for a high "Dry conditions will continue".

Finally got the dishwasher installed among all the "runnin

Sirfoldalot Today, 07:39 AM Go to last post
    Olie

Ceiling double track

Thank you. The cars do have interior lighting but it's not very bright.

Olie Today, 07:31 AM Go to last post
    chessie_system3

Lol no need to apologize. I ran with the white coats and straight jacket. I thought I was going to have a meltdown anyways.

Justin

chessie_system3 Today, 07:25 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

That's why I use "smileys".
    Willie

santafewillie Today, 07:20 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Bachmann N Scale DCC 2-6-0

Thanks Toot'n and it does seems like it is coming down to a heat issue. I'll keep an eye on it.

wombat457 Today, 07:19 AM Go to last post
    beiland

@Tony,
    I am getting a little nervous about my masonite getting 'soggy' and becoming detached from the walls. I'm going to seek out a quote about

beiland Today, 07:18 AM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

Christ! - You guys have me thinking that I better keep my mouth shut more!
    Sometimes I may give someone the wrong impression when mainly I might

Sirfoldalot Today, 07:16 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

Ceiling double track

WOW that is a dramatic look and makes the cars look as though they are lit. Very nice.

wombat457 Today, 07:16 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

After looking at the wall and joints, the easiest thing would be to pick a color that will "hide" and little issue such as the staple bulge.

wombat457 Today, 07:14 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Good Morning All. 44 with dense fog and light rain together. Visibility is officially less than 1/4 mile, but I cannot even see the road 135' away. And

santafewillie Today, 07:13 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles