BigE

Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Thread Starter: BigE

oopsy daisy!!

Last Post By: montanan Today, 10:58 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: steveparkinson Yesterday, 06:05 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: wombat457 10-21-2017, 04:17 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Freight Car Kit Or Scratch Build Contest.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Here is a contest to show our freight, non-revenue and passenger car building skills. The rules are: The car must be built from scratch; or, a kit. No Ready to Run cars are allowed! This is being done with the express purpose of promoting building models, as opposed to purchasing RTR. The...

Last Post By: modelbob Yesterday, 10:52 AM Go to last post
    TexasAndy

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

Thread Starter: TexasAndy

I placed an order early Monday morning and they still have not shipped it...what gives??? This is pretty unusual for them but I find there are complaints of this all over the web now. Anyone else had issues recently?

Last Post By: wombat457 10-18-2017, 03:48 PM Go to last post
    RonsTrainsNThings

How to Build Lumber Loads and Cargo Containers

Thread Starter: RonsTrainsNThings

Here is a great way to build easy and inexpensive lumber loads for your centerbeam flat cars. Also included is a method for making intermodal cargo containers with card stock and a printer. https://youtu.be/07FbwgrAgVo

Last Post By: tootnkumin 10-19-2017, 08:30 AM Go to last post
  • About the "Home" Page

This page will eventually be the landing page for the entire website.

Currently it's still under construction, so we're directing folks to the Forum page, which will also be the most familiar page for our existing members.

This page will features news, information, new posts and photo gallery images.

At the moment it has some generic categories and sections that came with the software, so there's some weird sections like "cooking" and "travel". They'll go away before too long, but at the moment our first priority is getting the forum back online and running smoothly.
  • Recent Forum Posts

montanan

Consisting

Gary, I can see what you are trying to do and have seen club members do this all of the time. They seem to have the process down pretty well as it doesn't

montanan Today, 11:53 AM Go to last post
    CMMR

Consisting

Thanks for the reply Chris;

After looking at the Econami manual again I realized that it explains how to do what I want by adjusting CV's

CMMR Today, 11:30 AM Go to last post
    Genetk44

Blue Rail; or, EZ app Blue Tooth train control

I bought one of the locos to play with last spring. I downloaded the Bachmann app and it worked pretty well...then somebody told me about the Bluerail

Genetk44 Today, 11:11 AM Go to last post
    montanan

Terry - Forgot the choice of an automatic or standard transmission. My '59 Impala was originally equipped with a six banger and a power glide transmission.

montanan Today, 10:58 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Chet, you forgot the fuzzy dice to hang on the mirror...

bnsf971 Today, 10:50 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Once upon a time, I had a 1960 BelAir. Among the things it came equipped with were a 235 inline 6, 3 speed on-the-column manual transmission, manual steering,

bnsf971 Today, 10:48 AM Go to last post
    cv_acr

Consisting

Markers are required at the end of the entire TRAIN, not the last engine in the consist. (Unless the engines are pushers at the rear of the train...)

cv_acr Today, 10:47 AM Go to last post
    cv_acr

Consisting

None of the above. All of these on the lead unit only.

No, basic logic will tell you an engine can only ever be in one

cv_acr Today, 10:44 AM Go to last post
    montanan

Greg - Some options were available back then. Color, possibly a different motor, heater, defroster, full wheel covers, white wall tires, radio, windshield

montanan Today, 10:35 AM Go to last post
    Greg@mnrr

Chet: You're right I did sleep in since my wife arrived so much later than expected and we stayed up late talking about her trip over a couple of refreshments.

Greg@mnrr Today, 10:18 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Rio Grande Southern's Ophir Loop.

I also think that for me the fact that the Rio Grande Southern maybe ran a couple trains a day, is attractive. I'm a Lone Wolf operator and the outlooks

NP2626 Today, 09:23 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Photo attempt

This photo was 370 KB, it was the only small photo that I could find. I'm unsure why it was smaller that the rest.

NP2626 Today, 09:17 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles