Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Try to behave, all y'all remember what happened the last time...

Last Post By: Sirfoldalot Today, 07:05 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Hawkesburytrain 02-21-2018, 08:41 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: wombat457 02-21-2018, 09:16 AM Go to last post
    tomstockton

The decline in the number of model railroaders?

Thread Starter: tomstockton

In a different thread, but still here in the General Discussion group, there is a thread discussing the varying amount of participation on this (and other) forums. But "hidden" in that is something I've never considered, and it ties into the header of this thread: "The decline in the number of...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 04:28 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Thread Starter: beiland

While researching this subject recently, of 'excessive size flangeways' in commercially available turnouts, I was finding lots of really interesting discussions scattered about the internet and multiple railroad forums. I was running out of bookmarks to try and recall all of them. That prompted me...

Last Post By: beiland 02-21-2018, 06:23 PM Go to last post
    GaryM

Minimum curves for 85' streamline cars

Thread Starter: GaryM

Help! I'm just starting a layout, and of course, space is a problem. I plan to model the 1955 Empire builder with (mostly) Walthers 85' cars. Will that 15-car train run reliably on 32" curves? I read the RP11 standard, and it suggests that 40" curves will handle all HO rolling stock, but that...

Last Post By: beiland Today, 07:30 AM Go to last post