Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer 08-16-2017, 08:20 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Mind the fresh paint, and check your cups for sawdust.

Last Post By: tootnkumin Today, 12:05 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: steveparkinson 08-19-2017, 07:43 PM Go to last post
    gjohnston

Help Me Plan My Layout

Thread Starter: gjohnston

Hi All, I am new to the hobby. I bought a second hand layout last December, the Atlas plan of the Great Eastern Trunk Railway. I got hooked and decided to build a real Rail Road in the basement. It is currently unfinished but not for long. The drywall and other materials were purchased...

Last Post By: beiland 08-18-2017, 08:23 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: tootnkumin Yesterday, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Construction of the Philly & Scranton

Thread Starter: otiscnj

Figured I'd start this thread with a copy of the trackplan I'm starting to build. Up to now, I've been focused on coming up with the trackplan for the Philly & Scranton, which I envision as a branch of the North East Corridor. I've mocked up at full scale some of the locations shown on the plan...

Last Post By: otiscnj 08-18-2017, 03:17 AM Go to last post
  • About the "Home" Page

This page will eventually be the landing page for the entire website.

Currently it's still under construction, so we're directing folks to the Forum page, which will also be the most familiar page for our existing members.

This page will features news, information, new posts and photo gallery images.

At the moment it has some generic categories and sections that came with the software, so there's some weird sections like "cooking" and "travel". They'll go away before too long, but at the moment our first priority is getting the forum back online and running smoothly.
  • Recent Forum Posts

tootnkumin

Some even tell you in their signature, that is their aim

tootnkumin Today, 12:05 AM Go to last post
    new guy

Cannot get to sleep aaaand. You guys are pretty hip so I'll tell ya a story...

Up on the DMZ I wondered why they played Purple Rain by Prince

new guy Yesterday, 09:43 PM Go to last post
    Mark R.

GP7 Dummy - Metal Wheels

If it is an Athearn dummy (which I would almost assume it is), you can easily replace the plastic wheels with the metal ones that come on the powered

Mark R. Yesterday, 09:27 PM Go to last post
    Mark R.

Kato HO SD80MAC Loksound install anyone?

I cut that thin circuit trace off even with the edge of the case. Flipped it over and used a sharp X-Acto blade to scrape off the green coating. Must

Mark R. Yesterday, 07:52 PM Go to last post
    GarryCBQ

Terry. ... Glad you are home safely. Good idea about towing trailer with truck on the flat bed.

Chet. ... I will gladly check my source

GarryCBQ Yesterday, 07:47 PM Go to last post
    Mark R.

That's ESU's download page .... you indicated your friend could download the file from Kato's page .... typo ?

Even so, your link is an outdated

Mark R. Yesterday, 07:46 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

I have about 5 of those (I think) of those speakers, minus the one I pulled apart. I found getting the tough insulation off the traces in order to solder

tootnkumin Yesterday, 07:29 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

[QUOTE]Speaking of LED's. I rewired my trailer today with an LED light kit complete with LED side markers......quite bright! The lights are brighter than

Sirfoldalot Yesterday, 07:25 PM Go to last post
    kbkchooch

Good evening gang!

Terry
    , glad to hear you made it back, albeit a little lighter in the wallet. I sounds like the smart call to

kbkchooch Yesterday, 07:01 PM Go to last post
    Mark R.

The 73400 decoder is the exact same, only it's "blank" and you have to load your own file. The 50327 is a decent speaker. Each speaker is 8

Mark R. Yesterday, 06:17 PM Go to last post
    new guy

LOL 100%! They can be...vexing.

KUDOS and WOW MAN! You are the layout Wizard! Absolutely amazing progress! Everything looks really good.

new guy Yesterday, 05:54 PM Go to last post
    WJLI26

Good evening, 66, and fair. In all, a nice day. Mets lost, Yankees lost, Orioles Lost, but that's life. The Dodgers keep winning, and there is still

WJLI26 Yesterday, 05:52 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles